My first try using ArtWeaver

Hier können mit Artweaver erstellte Bilder präsentiert werden - Here you can show pictures created with Artweaver.
fateline-alpha

My first try using ArtWeaver

Beitragvon fateline-alpha » Do Jan 23, 2014 2:03 pm

Hello..

Here's my first try using artweaver ver 3. This software is great. :wink:

I'd like to know if there's any way to make the different layer blend perfectly as in Background [locked] layer.. because whenever i tried painting other than background layer, the blending is different :(
Dateianhänge
tear_grants_by_fateline_alpha-d72s6a1.jpg
Tear Grants

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Re: My first try using ArtWeaver

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Sa Jan 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Really nice painting.

I'd like to know if there's any way to make the different layer blend perfectly as in Background [locked] layer.. because whenever i tried painting other than background layer, the blending is different :(

This happens as there is no color to interact (blend) with when drawing on an empty layer in comparison to a background layer which always has a color. Therefore it is very difficult to make the blending on those different layer types identical.

fateline-alpha

Beitragvon fateline-alpha » So Feb 02, 2014 9:30 am

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible for Artweaver in its next development to make the blending works on all layers [not only locked background layer]? In Painter, it's like the 'Pick Up Underlying Color' option.

I'm really interested in Artweaver. It's lighter than Painter.. The Colorize mode together with Cover mode, is perfect for digital painting.. while Painter doesn't have colorize brush type.

Another quick painting, by the way..
Dateianhänge
fei-pp.jpg
Fei Fong Wong

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Mo Feb 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Is it possible for Artweaver in its next development to make the blending works on all layers [not only locked background layer]? In Painter, it's like the 'Pick Up Underlying Color' option.

I will try to implement something like this with the next Artweaver major version but cannot promise anything yet.

dwsel

Beitragvon dwsel » Mi Feb 05, 2014 5:21 pm

@fateline-alpha:
You have a good style I have to say. Please post more of your paintings :)

@fateline-alpha, @Boris Eyrich:
As for the request - I'd attach mine to it (as it really lies along the same lines) because there's even better option available. When you pick the underlaying colour you actually partially merge it with the layer, and when you remove the underlaying layer you'll have remaining parts of it at the top layer.

Personally I treat the new layer as the thing that you put on top of the 'dry paining'. As the result of this thinking is an idea to pick up the transparency. So if you'd be using brush like wrap, smudge or with high bleed it would cause the paint + alpha layer + impasto layer! to shift around.

@Boris Eyrich:
For example a brush with 80% bleed and 80% opacity (let's omit other ingredients for a while) is used on the transparent layer then dab paints (0.8 * 0.8 = 0.64 transparency + 0.36 * colour) x dab mask (if it finds the 0-level of impasto it paints (0-level impasto in 0.64 strength + 0.36 * required impasto strength value) x dab mask). Also transparency lock icon would be highly useful to me.

Actually there's a place for the 3 methods (the current one, the fateline-alpha's idea, and mine feature request) in the same painting algorithm. If you're interested in example videos about how this feature could work, or help with developing dab formula just PM or email me. Not sure if we didn't talk about it already in the past but not in that details.

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Fr Feb 07, 2014 3:15 pm

I see. Currently bleeding is not working perfectly with layers where the transparency is completely ignored. I have noted this for one of the next major versions.

krystallee

Beitragvon krystallee » Mi Mär 19, 2014 5:52 am

How do I do in order to be able create amazing paintings like yours?

tmyusuf

Beitragvon tmyusuf » Di Jul 21, 2015 11:15 am

Excellent

Zurück zu „Gallery“