Merging 9 jpg files

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
colin7

Merging 9 jpg files

Beitragvon colin7 » Fr Okt 05, 2012 1:24 pm

I have 9 jpg files which I was hoping to directly port into AW aiming to display all 9 as a single composite image using layers but I can't seem to get started. Do I need to convert to bmp files to get the files into AW?

I can scan the individual images directly into AW but can't then see how to combine them?

Thanks in advance for any tips :-)

Colin7

Vock

Re: Merging 9 jpg files

Beitragvon Vock » Fr Okt 05, 2012 7:52 pm

no, you do not need to convert .jpg-files, they can be read directly.

However, not sure how you tried to import the 9 files? I assume these have been loaded as single files? The picture is first in teh background layer. You can then "select" the whole image, then use "copy" and then "paste" it into the image you want have as the background layer. While pasting, a new layer will be created on top of the background layer - and so on with the next picture.

Of course each layer covers - under "normal" overlay mechanism, see the layer palette - the layer below.

colin7

Beitragvon colin7 » Mo Okt 08, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks very much for the response :-)

I tried your method but couldn't get it to work. For example, I can have 2 jpgs visible in separate windows in AW but I can't then make both into layers, the copy and paste option isn't available to me on the right-click menu as it might normally be in other products. Only one becomes a layer, any others I try to introduce simply sit there as independent windows. So there's more I need to understand.

However, I have now found that I can insert my 9 jpgs into a single frame in MS Powerpoint, then export the assembled, composite image as a single jpg. This is then editable in AW in the normal way. There does seem to be a loss of resolution with this method so if anyone can see how it might be done within AW I'd be most grateful.

Thanks
Colin7

Vock

Beitragvon Vock » Do Okt 11, 2012 7:11 pm

copy & paste is not available through right-click on the mouse but through the menu "Edit/Copy" resp. "paste"!

Before copying, you have to select what you want to copy e.g. through menu "select" and then "all" for the whole picture. Or you can select with the available tools like e.g. the "shape selection tool" or the "lasso" (in the palette at the left border of the screen) parts of the picture.

Be assured it works.

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“