aquarell

Hier können mit Artweaver erstellte Bilder präsentiert werden - Here you can show pictures created with Artweaver.
mu

aquarell

Beitragvon mu » Mi Sep 14, 2005 11:40 pm

Hi again,

this is my redition of aquarell-colours. It's not exactly what I want it to look like. Also, colourmixing (in german: anlösung) should have gotten a higher value in order to make the colours blend somewhat automatically at the broders.

Before I forget it: Do not consider this an addition for the sake of the pic itself - and errm hannz, actually I would like to do a caricature of you, but this was not my attempt at it. But once it was done I must say there is a little something of you in there, isn't it?

Anyway: take acrylics, an elliptical dab (can be found in the presets), switch on the outline-option, turn the ellipse (there's an angle value for that) and make it "slide" or digress your strokes by what is called in german "verwackeln". I think it's jitter in english? Argh... really looking forward to sharing brushes the easy way.

I did something to acrylics, too. But that's something for another day.

Bild

Miq

Beitragvon Miq » Do Sep 15, 2005 8:11 am

A good start again, mu! :)

Alas, I do see room for improvement, anyway: the brush is still too present to perfectly imitate aquarels. If you do wet-in-wet paintaing in aquarels, the shape of the brush is almost invisible, there's just smooth fading of the color. I don't know if it is possible at all to mimic that effect, since you have a wealth of control over the real-life brush (wet/dry paper and all stages between, more or less tilted brush, drying speed of the paint and so on).
Miq.

mu

Beitragvon mu » Do Sep 15, 2005 10:27 am

If you do wet-in-wet paintaing in aquarels, the shape of the brush is almost invisible

yea, exactly. IIRC, Painter solves the problem by handling the strokes *after* they're done, i.e. you paint a stroke and after release it gets smudged and the edges run away into the paper.

I don't know wether Boris is going for the extra efforts of adding this to artweaver - i guess it must be loads of work.

I once saw a PS tutorial on creating aquarell brushes somewhere on cgtalk, but I can't remember the url.

Anyway, that showed me it must be possible to tweak the brushes into aquarell-esque behaviour. I guess you would have to mind a certain way of doing strokes in addition to achieve a good effect.

mu

resources

Beitragvon mu » Fr Sep 16, 2005 10:09 pm

Hi there,

here's the link to watercolor tutorial in ps7

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=259965

In addition to a set of predefined brushes, the artist here makes use of sharpening and contrast filters (smart, isn't it?) to achieve the typical effects.

In fact, you can't achieve a proper watercolor look without special application-specific rendering support, be it automatic smudging of some sort or contrast/sharpness enhancement.

I wonder, master eyrich, are you considering adding watercolors for AW 1.0? I know this must be a lot of work... :?

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Fr Sep 16, 2005 10:37 pm

It's on my todo list and it definitely comes before Artweaver 1.0 :)

After redesigning the GUI and improving speed and memory consumption, water colors are the next big step for Artweaver.

mu

Beitragvon mu » Sa Sep 17, 2005 2:19 pm

*rolling thunder can be heard from afar*
*a shaft of light hits the head of master eyrich*
*congregation kneels down*

Halleluja!

:D

hanzzz
Beitragvon hanzzz » So Sep 18, 2005 6:51 pm

I love the look of the paint ,I must have a go at it!.
Your caricature allready looks better than the original, looking forward to the final caricature!:lol:
Thanks for the brush settings!
MAY THE FUN BE WITH YOU !
http://hanzzcaricatures.blogspot.com/

mu

Beitragvon mu » So Sep 18, 2005 8:55 pm

Hi hanzz,

glad you like it. I told you I did not actually want to do a caricature of you, but when it was done I looked at it and thought: "hello hanzz" - I am trying right now to get it done "on purpose", but I am just a beginner (studying the loomis material right now: big light bulbs are lit above my head... that stuff is great).

Anyway, when I tried to colorize my first attempt, artweaver crashed.
Boris: is that jitter-bug (funny, is that not a name of a dance?) to be expected with predefined dabs also? Because I use jitter and angular stepwise turning for the aquarells and I saw that dialogue again ("create dab?") before it crashed.

Sorry, hanzz, but with another few days of practice (loomis...) the result might look better anyway.

I will try and use some of those contrast/sharpen enhancements described in the above tutorial on the pic, too.

til soon :P

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » So Sep 18, 2005 11:46 pm

mu hat geschrieben:Boris: is that jitter-bug (funny, is that not a name of a dance?) to be expected with predefined dabs also? Because I use jitter and angular stepwise turning for the aquarells and I saw that dialogue again ("create dab?") before it crashed.

It seems to be the "well known" bug. But for safety, can you send me the brush xml file.

mu

Beitragvon mu » Mo Sep 19, 2005 1:55 pm

Here you go:

I saw that a previous captured dab for aquarells (which I don't use anymore) remained in the folder/dir. Just thought you would like to know.

Code: Alles auswählen

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- Artweaver 0.3 Brush Definition -->
<artweaver-brush-definition>
   <variant-parameters
      variant-name="aquarell">
   </variant-parameters>
   <brush-parameters
      brush-size="56"
      brush-minsize="12"
      brush-quality="watercolor profile">
   </brush-parameters>
   <angle-parameters
      angle-range="107"
      angle-step="58"
      angle-ratio="73"
      angle-angle="113">
   </angle-parameters>
   <spacing-parameters
      spacing-spacing="16"
      spacing-minspacing="3"
      spacing-continuousdraw="1">
   </spacing-parameters>
   <random-parameters
      random-randomrate="8">
   </random-parameters>
   <bristle-parameters
      bristle-count="144"
      bristle-size="9"
      bristle-clumpiness="37">
   </bristle-parameters>
   <bumpiness-parameters
      bumpiness-drawto="color"
      bumpiness-method="paper"
      bumpiness-depth="93"
      bumpiness-smoothing="7">
   </bumpiness-parameters>
   <general-parameters
      general-brushtype="circular"
      general-method="cover"
      general-submethod="grainy soft cover"
      general-opacity="35"
      general-stroketype="0"
      general-grain="62">
   </general-parameters>
   <well-parameters
      well-resaturation="100"
      well-bleed="24"
      well-dryout="3000">
   </well-parameters>
   <input-options
      size-controller="none"
      size-invert="0"
      jitter-controller="none"
      jitter-invert="0"
      opacity-controller="pressure"
      opacity-invert="0"
      grain-controller="none"
      grain-invert="0"
      angle-controller="random"
      angle-invert="0"
      depth-controller="none"
      depth-invert="0">
   </input-options>
   <colorvariability-parameters
      colorvariability-type="HSL"
      colorvariability-range1="0"
      colorvariability-range2="0"
      colorvariability-range3="0">
   </colorvariability-parameters>
</artweaver-brush-definition>

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Mo Sep 19, 2005 9:34 pm

It was the same bug. With the even released Artweaver 0.3.9.2 the bug is history :D

mu

!

Beitragvon mu » Mo Sep 19, 2005 9:56 pm

:D
cool...

you're productive, fast and responsive - actually I almost can't believe it's only you developing away at this faboulous software.

:shock:

Admit it - it's just a pseudonym and you are a pack of five or six hackers at play...lol

keep it coming and thx

Zurück zu „Gallery“