Bild # 1

Hier können mit Artweaver erstellte Bilder präsentiert werden - Here you can show pictures created with Artweaver.
Sweedie
Bild # 1

Beitragvon Sweedie » Mo Jul 25, 2005 8:58 pm

Bild

This is my very first picture made with Artweaver. The picture is not yet ready so I will be back with a follow-up as soon as there has been some changes made. I have used the Acrylic Captured Bristle, the Coarse Spray Airbrush, and a lot of Smearing to make this image.
The rain effect was made with the Coarse Spray Size:200, Opacity:80, Flow:3, Feature:3. I added a linear motion blur, Distance: 20 at 45 grades. I hope more people get to know this software, Boris. It is good and of course it can become even better. I'll be back with some friendly critics as soon as I have finished this picture.

Miq (Gast)

Beitragvon Miq (Gast) » Di Jul 26, 2005 7:57 am

Sweedie, this is going to be an interesting picture - I am looking forward to seeing it complete. It would be very helpful if you keep on describing how you made some of the effects, one can learn a lot from it. :D

Sweedie
Beitragvon Sweedie » Di Jul 26, 2005 11:59 pm

Bild

I did not add much to this picture. I had some trouble in finding out how to resize the crow. I am used to paint big on a layer and shrink the layer to the right size when finished painting, for getting a lot of detail.

But I found out that painting on a separate image and resizing that image and then cut an paste was the only way to do it. A function like in Painter where one can change the size of a separate layer would be very welcome!

I'll be back with some more later...

mu

layer<->picture

Beitragvon mu » Mi Jul 27, 2005 6:49 pm

Hi sweedie,

tried some scaling via picture->format coz boris said that the options in the "picture"-menu apply to layers. But it did not work out. When you scale down the size to under the size of another layer the whole thing gets cropped.

I must say that the options for changing a layer via menu "picture" (it's "bild" in german, should be picture) and adjust ("einstellen" in german, the first point in the pic menu) may apply to layers as well, but that is not easy to pick up for the user.

Why not split up all the options that apply to a single layer and those that apply to the whole picture, boris? The two menu options already exist.

Oh, btw, sweedie: nice moody pic. I especially like the tree, even more so than the bird.

Let's see some more!

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Mi Jul 27, 2005 7:11 pm

Hi,

at the moment it's not possible to scale a single layer. But a new feature in the coming Artweaver 0.3.9 version is to transform single layers (rotate, scale and skew).
Image Size and Canvas Size in the Image menu apply to the hole image incl. all layers. But the options in Image -> Adjustments only work with the current layer.

hanzzz
Beitragvon hanzzz » Mi Jul 27, 2005 7:48 pm

Great painting Sweedie!
Very nice to explain how you did it.Looking forward to see more pictures from you
MAY THE FUN BE WITH YOU !
http://hanzzcaricatures.blogspot.com/

Sweedie
The final version

Beitragvon Sweedie » So Jul 31, 2005 1:57 pm

At last I had time to finish my first Artweaver picture. I made a graphite drawing and scanned in by using the import function. In artweaver I used the Multiply layering method and gave the grayscale graphite some color. I rezised the picture until it had the right size for the background painting. I had to do some experimenting until I had the right size. I pasted the little walker on a new layer, using the multiply layering method. This assured me to get the same colortone as the background. I had to smudge the background behind the little walker and add a path for himto walk on, before it was OK.

And yes: sizind separate layers makes Artweaver a LOT better. Keep up the good work Boris :D

Henry

Bild

mu

praise

Beitragvon mu » So Jul 31, 2005 2:34 pm

Hi Sweedie,

very interesting to see how the last steps make all the difference.

The Bird is much better that size as it would compete with the walker for the viewers focus otherwise.

The whole pic has a perfect mood right now. It tells a story.

Great composition. Let's see some more...!

Sweedie
Last steps - a comment

Beitragvon Sweedie » So Jul 31, 2005 6:53 pm

Hi mu,
thank you for commenting my picture. As I tried to tell in my message above, I had to make a new picture and paste it into the first one, because there is no way to adjust the size of one layer, in this release of Artweaver. Boris promised to add that feature in the next release.

I have been using Corel Painter a lot, and everything in this soft is familiar to me as it reminds such a lot of Painter. Everything works very well.

Another software that I have used a lot is OpenCanvas. Some brushes in that program are very good. If Artweaver could imitate some of those Artweaver would become a VERY good bitmap paint program. How about that Boris?

And yes, the picture becomes more focused and complete with the walker. He is the main caracter, but the bird and the tree attracts a lot of attention too. Every picture tells a story, it's true... but this one was just for fun.

Gitte

Beitragvon Gitte » So Aug 07, 2005 2:04 am

Sweedie,

Es ist einfach wunderbar was du hier gemacht hast !

Ich habe zur Zeit ein Bisschen zu viel Arbeit, aber wenn ich Zeit dafür kriege werde ich so bald wie möglich irgend etwas machen.

Für die die es interessieren könnte, ich habe etwas hier und würde gerne versuchen, etwas änliches mit Artweaver zu machen :

"Things-to-see"

http://www.indeptharts.org

Gitte

Sweedie
Danke Schön Gitte!

Beitragvon Sweedie » So Aug 07, 2005 9:31 am

I am sorry about my German, I really have to pick up that again by reading a lot more and by going back to Germany. It's been a while :( . It's been a while since I was in France too... :(

Anyway, thanks for your kind words! I will try to get some time to make another experiment with Artweaver. It's a very-close-to-Painter experience to paint with Artweaver and I have been using Painter for maybe 10 years now. Artweaver is like Painter some years ago. And so it has got a big potential of beeing the very first European painting software that can compete with the big time guys like Adobe and Corel. (Gimp is out ther too, I know, but I never learned to like it..) So to Boris: keep up the good work! To all other users: spread the word about Artweaver..

Zurück zu „Gallery“