exif /file info/ - caption

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
lalegator

exif /file info/ - caption

Beitragvon lalegator » Mo Nov 10, 2008 2:13 pm

i am a photojournalist and using photoshop from a version 3, tried gimp but did not manage to make comfortable work.
artweaver is really excellent peace of program, has almost everything a PJ would need for photo editing.
how ever it is necessary to write a `caption` file info in the photo.
i have not read a lot in the forum, so i don`t know if this is only for bug fixes or suggestion can be made, and i apologize if i am rude by making this suggestion to include a captioning in the photo.

in photoshop CS2 is is done by right clicking on the upper blue bar where the name is (canvas size...etc) > description > description tab is where you write the photo info.
in PS 7 it is under caption

with or without this artweaver is a really master peace, very useful program and i express my personal thanks for it

cheers

milutin labudovic

Troken

Re: exif /file info/ - caption

Beitragvon Troken » Di Nov 11, 2008 10:43 am

lalegator hat geschrieben:... making this suggestion to include a captioning in the photo. ...

I support this suggestion. I work a lot with imagry and often use IPTC-information in my images (caption, credit, keywords etc.). I have not seen any support for EXIF or IPTC tags, but it would be highly appreciated - and a step further in the evolution of this great software.

Which makes me wonder, if I open an JPG with EXIF or IPTC in Artweaver, make some edits and save - is the EXIF/IPTC preserved or erased?

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » So Nov 16, 2008 9:11 am

Which makes me wonder, if I open an JPG with EXIF or IPTC in Artweaver, make some edits and save - is the EXIF/IPTC preserved or erased?

Because Arteeaver doesn't support EXIF/IPTC these tags are lost after saving the file again as JPEG.

Troken

Beitragvon Troken » Mi Nov 19, 2008 2:03 pm

Boris Eyrich hat geschrieben:Because Arteeaver doesn't support EXIF/IPTC these tags are lost after saving the file again as JPEG.

Is this something you could consider fixing? At least keeping the EXIF/IPTC after saving. It would be a shame if you have tagged your images and lose it all after making some minor adjustments to your image. Think of all the photographers out there...

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Mo Nov 24, 2008 6:29 pm

Is this something you could consider fixing?

This could be possible. But leads to a complete rewrite of the JPEG plug-in. I'll put this on my todo list for one of the next versions.

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“