Possible idea warp tool?

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
Ramrider

Possible idea warp tool?

Beitragvon Ramrider » Di Apr 01, 2008 8:01 pm

I was wondering if there were any plans, or the possibility of such, of incorporating a 'warp' tool into a future edition (I think that's what they call it in Photoshop, but I'm not sure). I'm basically referring to a sort of 'free-skew' ability - so, for example, you could paste an image onto a new layer and reposition the corners independently, rather than just skewing it directionally as you currently can.

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » So Apr 06, 2008 12:02 pm

Since version 0.5 there is a warping brush in Artweaver. Take a look at the method Plug-In. There are some warping tools available under category.

Ramrider

Beitragvon Ramrider » Fr Apr 11, 2008 8:17 pm

Those are pretty cool, and I actually hadn't spotted them. But they're not what I was referring to. I'll try and describe what I mean...

Some programs (I know PSP8 did, although I can't remember what it was called) have a version of the Transform tool that allows you to take an image, and stretch and warp it via the corners.

As an example, imagine you had a rectangular image that you wanted to warp to make it fit onto a photograph of a billboard, taken at a slight angle. You could use the Skew tool to some extent, but as far as I can work out, you wouldn't be able to mimic the perpective of the billboard - no matter how much you Skew it, the resulting shape would still be a parallelogram.

With this tool, you can import the 'poster' onto a new layer, pick the corners, and drag the corners of the poster into the corners of the billboard, skewing the image to fit the perspective of the photograph.

Does that make sense?

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“