ARTWEAVER WISHLIST

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
alt_L
Re: ARTWEAVER WISHLIST

Beitragvon alt_L » Do Aug 12, 2010 1:44 am

Is there any chance to provide manual updating for patch files in the future?
Automatic updating is a cool feature. It just sometimes behaves a bit unstable, especially
with slow connection. :?

Thanks. :)
a.k.a. Anthony O^O

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Do Aug 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Is there any chance to provide manual updating for patch files in the future?

At the moment it's not possible but the setup on the Artweaver homepage is often updated when a major update is done. In future I will update the setup always when a new version is available.

With the normal setup it's possible to do a simple update installation to get the latest version of Artweaver.

alt_L

Beitragvon alt_L » So Aug 15, 2010 10:39 pm

I see. Thanks for your reply. I will use your suggestion in future in case such problem happens again.

Nonetheless, the auto-updating was finally able to update Artweaver Plus to 1.52 successfully last night.
a.k.a. Anthony O^O

ellisgl

Beitragvon ellisgl » Di Mär 29, 2011 12:06 am

I'm with dialectric about being able to edit the text.

Mankin

Beitragvon Mankin » Do Mai 05, 2011 7:38 am

Hello.

My proposals for the Text tool:

1. Add options for justification / align - left, center, right...
2. Add options for other typografic settings of the text and paragraph - kerning, leading, spacing before/aftrer paragraph, etc.
3. Add few common text effects (eg. stroke, shadow...) without necesity to rasterize the text layer - I guess this requires to use the text as vectors (but I am not an expert).
4. Add possibility to enter the font size directly, even in decimal values (eg. 12.56 points)
Bild

PeterB

Beitragvon PeterB » Mo Aug 01, 2011 8:09 am

Snapping would be a nice feature. All types of snapping that would work with every tool.

HenryTjernlund

Beitragvon HenryTjernlund » Sa Nov 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Fill a cut with background color

It would be nice if there were an option to automatically fill the hole made in a layer using the Cut operation with the current background/paper color.

HenryTjernlund

Beitragvon HenryTjernlund » Sa Nov 12, 2011 9:12 pm

Overlay blending mode

In Photoshop I found I used the Overlay blending mode extensively. AW seems to lack this. I have tried both the Soft Light and Hard Light, but one is too soft, and the other too hard. Overlay seemed to be an ideal (at least for me) compromise between them in PS.

Henry

GraphicFalcon

Beitragvon GraphicFalcon » Di Mär 20, 2012 11:42 pm

Artweaver has been improving nicely, and from the tell sign of the brush engine and other features of the system I can see Artweaver becomming a lightweight - heavyduty paint illustrator application in due time. While the brushes and other features are improving and are good I cannot use it fully for my own work juuussssst yet. But I am certainly sure I will :)

One thing I would like to see as an improvement in near future, is a few extra brush categories such as art marker (think along the lines of prismacolor and copic)... Blender (from smearing to smudging and smooth-blending transitions) aside from the Distortion category brush... Ink Pen (for inking illustrations as in technical and line-weight transitions via pen pressure)... Watercolor Paint (from thin-watery to thick, great for use when coloring over line art on the same layer without need of Multiply mode use,)....

I would like to see the adjustment system for Resat and Bleed adjusted if possible. Perhaps the transitions from 0 to 100% could be more noticable and smoother, giving one much more variations and transitions for a brush that blends naturally on its own, to being totally opaque and thick/covering.
While this may be near impossible or difficult to do in the time being, I would like to see the majority of the brushes (specially coloring and paint brushes) to run smoother as you increase its Size. Right now the brushes (mostly paint ones) drag very slow the more you increase size. Perhaps this could be changed without sacrificing much brush pixel/bristle detail?

These are my wishlist ideas so far, and I hope they inspire you!

Thank you :)

aksomo

Beitragvon aksomo » Mi Aug 01, 2012 7:25 am

Layer masks would make it perfect software :oops:

Thanks

GraphicFalcon

Beitragvon GraphicFalcon » So Aug 05, 2012 7:05 pm

The support and work youve been putting into Artweaver is amazing, Im intrigued what will happen next!
The natural blending of hues with paint is much better. I still would like to see a brush category of blenders, as they should be useful for pencils, paints, markers etc, as well as adjusting a brush's bleed and or resat settings to become a translucent blender itself (this works in Painter I think) and will certainly help structure the software.

My question to the developer here is how far are you wanting to go with the program? Slowly I see it becomming like a mini Painter, which is awesome. At the same time I see a common problem that Painter developed which Artweaver now is, and that is very laggy brushes. Apparently the larger the size the more slow and laggy the strokes tend to process. I think it is having to chug down on processor and memory a lot to complete a stroke when brushes are a large enough size.
Can this be fixed without sacrificing detail and dynamics of brushes? I noticed that when you increase a brush size, the pixel details grow in ratio to the brush size, while painter doesnt, instead the size of the brush makes more room and space for even extra (which I believe makes them much laggier the bigger the size is.) So I wonder why these brushes are laggy when bigger?

Also I think someone mentioned this, a pen/line art tool or layer, would be amazing addition to Artweaver.

paulhuckstepp

Beitragvon paulhuckstepp » Mo Okt 08, 2012 1:09 pm

I've only just starting look at ArtWeaver and I have to say it is a superb alternative to Photoshop. However there are a few things that would make me purchase it in seconds:

- Layer Masks - I was very surprised to find no support for masks
- Text boxes/areas from Photoshop documents display as a single long line of text

Borntolose

Beitragvon Borntolose » So Dez 23, 2012 1:45 am

After using a few days I'd like to suggest a few things

- more customizable eraser, even if there's just a button to mirror the settings of your current brush
- brackets keys for scaling brushes. I know you can change the shortcuts but its a standard in a lot of editing programs, its a comfort thing
- TIFF files don't seem to support layers

Thanks and keep up the great work

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“