ARTWEAVER WISHLIST

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
dkcoats

Beitragvon dkcoats » Do Aug 17, 2006 12:04 am

Thanks for a great program!
My biggest wish so far is that color variation worked when using cloners - in other words, I'd like to be able to pick up the color from the clone source but, well, muck it up a little.

dkc

PamYla

Beitragvon PamYla » Fr Sep 29, 2006 11:37 am

Not sure if these suggestions are here.
but speed! I can't seem to do a speed painting..not that Im all that great but the proggie seems a bit sluggish..im on a new pc fresh out of the box yesterday

And I would like to be able to use different fonts rather than my system regulars also and a browse function/window

Also I see on the front page it says ArtWeaver 0.4.1 is online, and I happened to check my version today while inside the proggie and it says mine is version 4.0..I downloaded it from the link on the homepage..is there another location?

I know I saw something about a manual so I will hunt more thanks for a great proggie Boris!

Pamyla[/list]
PamYla

Borilius
Beitragvon Borilius » Di Okt 31, 2006 10:22 am

Hello to the forum and big thank you to Mr.Eyrich for this great prog. I moved from Painter to Artweaver, because it have almost all the features i need and its free. Now i have few suggestions, hopefully will be implemented in the future: 1. Artweaver to automaticly save the canvas settings last used: like size and color of the canvas. 2. Implementing layers within PSD files.
Thanks!

dialectric
Text tool suggestions

Beitragvon dialectric » Mi Nov 22, 2006 12:33 am

A few suggestions for extending the functionality of the text tool -

(1)add the ability to select and edit text in a text field by dragging with the mouse to select text. One should be able to change the font, font size, color, etc. of the highlighted area, or delete the highlighted section.

(2)add the ability to paste text from clipboard, and, if (1) is implemented, cut text to the clipboard

(3)modify the apply functionality to auto-apply when another tool, such as the paintbrush, is clicked. Maybe this could be an option settable in preferences.

--- photoshop version 5.5 had an interesting alternative to the current photoshop text editor which allowed you to edit the text in a seperate window which could be called up by double-clicking the associated text-layer in the layers icon. This alternative might be easier to implement and run faster than updating text fields in real time, but I don't know.

Artweaver is great, and just keeps getting better.

Thanks,
dialectric
------------------------------------

La_Petite

My wish

Beitragvon La_Petite » Mi Nov 22, 2006 4:07 pm

Better Blenders would be very nice

Artweaver is very nice

dp

Glow brush

Beitragvon dp » Sa Dez 16, 2006 8:06 pm

I would like a Glow brush (like in Painter). Ryan Church uses this brush a lot in his paintings, it makes his style, and I really like look it creates! Scott Robertsson paints in photoshop, but swithes over to Painter now and then just for this brush.

btw thanks for a great program!

Troken

Beitragvon Troken » Fr Dez 29, 2006 11:07 am

Hi, I'm new here and really love Artweaver. Is there any chance of developing adjustmentlayers? With that, there would be no need of other software (i.e. one starting with "Ph" and ending with "shop").

dialectric
A few more suggestions for improving artweaver

Beitragvon dialectric » Fr Jan 05, 2007 5:07 am

I have been using Artweaver with high school students in New York for the past month, and have found it to be a great teaching tool. After using it for a while, I would like to make the following suggestions for additional features:

1. add a "crop" menu item to the "Image menu" allowing the user to Crop to the current selection if the current selection is rectangular. One situation where this would be useful would be when a user uses "select all" then uses "modify -> contract" to contract the selection area, then plans to crop that remaining section.

2. add a 'default all preferences' or 'reset all preferences' button to the edit -> preferences menu. This is useful when artweaver is used in a classroom setting and consistent behavior is desired.

3. add a '(repeat) last adjustment' item to the top of the image -> adjustment menu, which would have similar functionality to the filter -> last filter menu item, except for image adjustments.

4. To make the preview feature for the filters more accurate, it would be helpful to view an actual (100%) sized section of the image, possibly a 200x200 pixel section, as an alternative to the reduced size image currently used. The most versitile addition might be
to add two tabs, one for the 100% sized section view, and one for the reduced, full image preview.

thanks,
dialectric

fortuna

Beitragvon fortuna » Sa Jun 14, 2008 5:18 am

I am a new user
Thank you much for the program and for listening people's ideas
My wish is just like many people here:
-Can you add some sort of stroke technique (paths or selection, like in Gimp)?
I like painting more than photo manipulation so filters are not very important. "Stroke and fill" is my favorite way in Photoshop and Gimp. If you support that maybe I would forget Photoshop forever.
-And if you can't support stroke now the bezier curves or any type of curve would be kinda cool (with ability to convert curves into selection)

garniv

Beitragvon garniv » Do Jun 26, 2008 8:24 am

Photoshop has a very convenient option - the precision turning images by line. Two points is determined to be on the same horizontal (or vertical) by "ruler tool", then choose the menu "Arbitrary..." and there already written the exact angle to rotate.
http://www.photocritic.org/straightenin ... photoshop/

It wants to see a similar opportunity in AW.
RU translator ;)

@!!ex

Beitragvon @!!ex » Mi Jul 16, 2008 4:10 pm

Artweaver - realy cool thing.

It is possible to edit channels like in Photoshop:
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9818/channelsei7.png

Also, I found bug in the SDK.

Code: Alles auswählen

function DMPaletteForm_GetEnabled(DMPaletteFormPtr: TDMPaletteForm ; Enabled: bool): bool; stdcall; external DMDll;
function DMPaletteForm_SetEnabled(DMPaletteFormPtr: TDMPaletteForm ): bool; stdcall; external DMDll;

The TDMPaletteForm have't border and caption, so had to use TDMForm.
But TDMForm is not an MDI window, for the normal work had to do:

SetWindowPos(DMForm_GetHandle(ChanelsForm),HWND_TOPMOST,0,0,0,0,SWP_NOMOVE or SWP_NOSIZE);

A good idea would be a function of the type:

TChangeFunction = procedure(X1,Y1,X2,Y2: Integer; ImageID:integer; ChangeData: TRGBAPixelArray);

procedure SetChangesCallBack(func: TChangeFunction);

The function is called when the image is changing.
Sends area changes and drawing rect.

@!!ex

Beitragvon @!!ex » Mi Jul 16, 2008 4:12 pm

P.S.
I can help with porting project under Linux.
This is not easy, but I am sure that is possible.

sirhcllenrad

Font Size

Beitragvon sirhcllenrad » Mi Aug 20, 2008 5:42 am

Discovered your software today. Wonder why it's taken me so long...!

It is brilliant. Especially the portable mode. Makes life very easy.

Something I am having trouble with is the font size dialogue. If I set the size before creating any text then I am able to work up to 200px. Nice. However if I try to change the size of existing text, then I am only able to use the drop down sizes (maximum 72).

Better control of the font dialogue would be fantastic. I use Photoshop at the moment to create a number of images for web sites and precise and flexible font size is very valuable.

cdubea
Beitragvon cdubea » Mi Sep 17, 2008 4:23 pm

Firstly kudos. This was referenced last week on Lifehacker and I downloaded a copy of the portable edition.

This is brilliant. The copy of Gimp and Photofiltre I have on my USB stick will now be deleted. No need for them any longer.

Are their any plans to offer the capability to open digital camera RAW files directly? You could do what pretty much everyone else does and use Dave Coffin's dcraw utility. Hopefully this would minimize the effort.

As a suggestion I would do this as a plugin as dcraw gets updated pretty frequently to be able to read new file formats.

Thanks for Artweaver and all your effort. I'll make it a point to make a donation!
chris

Zed

Beitragvon Zed » Do Okt 09, 2008 12:05 am

This is a really great software, much better than many programs, even commercial ones. However, I have a few suggestions.

First is about crop tool. I think this tool is very important and it should be easy to use as much as possible. Here is what I found in another programs:
- users have a possibility to rotate cropping box before choose Apply;
- double-click on the area inside of the cropping box has same effect as Apply;
- click on the crop icon in the toolbox has same effect as Cancel;

The next missing thing from other programs is Transform tool with Scale/Rotate/Skew/Distort options which could be applied on a selection.

The last suggestion is about tool palettes. I like Corel programs because of their user interface and especially because of docking panels. With such panels when user maximize a window with the bitmap there are not hidden parts bellow some tool palette as it is a case with floating windows. It could be very irritating when the maximize and minimize buttons from the bitmap's title bar are covered with the Preview/Info panel or some another - because of that I need to move pallet or to zoom in/out very frequently.

Anyway, your program is great and I wish to thank you for it. Keep a good work.

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“