ARTWEAVER WISHLIST

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
staigerman
integration with Project Dogwaffle

Beitragvon staigerman » Mi Mai 17, 2006 9:19 pm

I would love it if there were a bridge communication to Project Dogwaffle (both the freeware version and PD Pro). Currently it's possible to send images back and forth through the Clipboard, or of course through files, including Alpha in Targa 32 bit cases for instance. Would be even cooler if those who love to draw in Artweaver can do step-frame animation by drawing them frame by frame the old-school way, and send the frames (perhaps from flattened layers) to Dogwaffle's frame animation system, for further processing there, and conversion to AVI or save as image sequences.

Should not be difficult. Dogwaffle runs as an active X server, and someone else has done that, with Gertrudis. Gertrudis, like Artweaver, is written in Delphi. (to my understanding). And we have source coude snippets of how to talk to Dogwaffle's buffers and brush system using Delphi, in the SDK page http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/sdk

That should make it rather easy to add a button or menu item that does something like "Send to Dogwaffle" and another for "Get from Dogwaffle". Even as a plugin/dll, I don't care.
Zuletzt geändert von staigerman am Mo Mai 22, 2006 6:45 am, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

hanzzz
Beitragvon hanzzz » So Mai 21, 2006 2:39 pm

Looks great, an export -feature. Use the best of both worlds.
Or a "launch in other application" button like the corel suite.
MAY THE FUN BE WITH YOU !
http://hanzzcaricatures.blogspot.com/

myles

Beitragvon myles » Mo Mai 22, 2006 10:21 am

Greetings,

I'd like to see an "export each layer as a separate PNG file (with transparency)" feature - or alternatively, perhaps an "export current layer as PNG (with transparency)" in the layers menu.

I'm playing about with creating characters for Moho, similar to what has been done with ArtRage.

Not a high priority, just a convenience feature - I don't know if there would be enough interested users to make it worthwhile.
My current workaround is hiding all layers, then revealing and saving one layer at a time - workable but a little tedious.

I'm fairly new to Artweaver - any pointers to an existing feature(s) I've missed gratefully received.

Regards, Myles.

staigerman
Beitragvon staigerman » Mo Mai 22, 2006 11:55 pm

myles hat geschrieben:Greetings,

I'm fairly new to Artweaver - any pointers to an existing feature(s) I've missed gratefully received.

Regards, Myles.

One thing I like is that Artweaver has Lua scripting, and it is compatible with our gui server and thus goes beyond the gluas/lua scripts of the Gimp, since our scripts (Artweaver's and Dogwaffle's) can have user interface components, like color pickers, sliders, menus, etc....

Artweaver also offers opaque layers. Dogwaffle's layers are unlimited in numbers and have some features of their own but they're 'mathematical', i.e. additive, multiplicative (the default), subtractive, etc... but not opaque as of yet. When you need a tool for assembling images into layers that were created in Dogwaffle, and you need opaque layers, then Artweaver can make a great companion to Dogwaffle. Even better when you can share special fx filters between the two thanks to Lua and the Guiserver!

And especially if you use the freeware version of Dogwaffle, which doesn't have layers (well, it has one set, the Swap buffer/Main buffer thing).

La_Petite

Beitragvon La_Petite » Fr Mai 26, 2006 9:48 pm

More nice Brushes would be nice, things that look like neon, and nice watery brushes with darker edges that don't turn into springs when you paint them. And Brushes you can make with more than one colour at once. That's my wishes.

staigerman
Beitragvon staigerman » Sa Mai 27, 2006 1:57 am

La_Petite hat geschrieben:More nice Brushes would be nice, things that look like neon, and nice watery brushes with darker edges that don't turn into springs when you paint them. And Brushes you can make with more than one colour at once. That's my wishes.

you might find of interest the tools to make brushes with geometric shapes, such as the plugin called CopyShape, made for Dogwaffle and Mirage, see http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/freebies and look for brushsets and brush creations tools at http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/3rdpartyplugins

Now that there's a DogWeaver plugin for artweaver you can experiment with additional tools to create custom and animated brushes, even load them from AVI files and import images such as FX brush sequences (animated flares) or particle brush based images from Dogwaffle into Artweaver.

hanzzz
Beitragvon hanzzz » Di Jun 20, 2006 7:31 pm

I also would like programs as the free Xn View and Irfan view , to recognise the native Artweaver format .
I have Xn view, and I get for every file a error message. (see attachment)This would be very good, I think.
Dateianhänge
ClipBoard-1.jpg
ClipBoard-1.jpg (7.02 KiB) 19885 mal betrachtet

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Di Jun 20, 2006 8:47 pm

I've already contact with Irfan (the author of Irfan View). He got from me a beta plug-in and he is now implementing/testing it. So there should be AWD support in one of the next versions.

For XnView there is a early beta plug-in available in the other products area on the Artweaver homepage. It's not well tested and sometimes it will be ignored by XnView.

To install this plug-in, copy the file "XAWD.usr" into the PlugIn subdirectory inside the XnView program directory.

additional notes:
If you have installed XnView with all plug-ins there is already a plug-in included to open awd files. But this plug-in cannot open Artweaver awd files. Therefore you have to disable this plug-in or you get always the in the previous post mentioned error. To disable this plug-in rename the file xawd.dll to xawd.dll.old (it's located in the XnView plug-in directory).
Zuletzt geändert von Boris Eyrich am Di Jul 25, 2006 10:17 am, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Renan
Beitragvon Renan » Mo Jul 24, 2006 8:05 am

I agree with most suggestions there.

I would like to see a Linux version of Artweaver, or a version that works well with Wine.

hanzzz
Beitragvon hanzzz » Mo Jul 24, 2006 6:53 pm

Thanks for the plugin Boris.I must have somehow missed this post here.
It works wonderfully.
Thanks again.

nethken
Beitragvon nethken » So Aug 06, 2006 1:59 pm

Hello!!

I dont know if these have been suggested yet, but I have a few ideas for additions to your wonderful artweaver program!

1: maybe some method of rotating the canvas in real time, much like an animators light box. Like an interactive rotation - not a permanent rotation tho! just for ease of painting. This feature is available in Painter

2: some method of adjusting the cache size, for the memory artweaver uses? or is this already available?

3: Some keyboard shortcut to increase and decrease brush sizes, like in adobe photoshop (I just downloaded version 4, and found the shift, drag to change size - brilliant!)

4: some method to edit keyboard shortcuts

5:The ability to switch between a maximised window and a minimised via a keyboard button. Like hitting 'F' in adobe photoshop

thats all i can think of for now :D great program

inani
my little add to wishlist :>

Beitragvon inani » Di Aug 08, 2006 6:10 pm

It would be good thing if the entire workplace was dragable (like in flash mx or swish) so it would be able to work with zoom on edges without moving toolwindows

zooming has too big steps (it could be setable for 1% each)

well I thik this app is realy great anyway ^^ big respect for your work and big thankz :!:

sorry for bad english ;P

exorcyze

Beitragvon exorcyze » Do Aug 10, 2006 10:19 pm

OK, I must say that I'm very impressed with ArtWeaver. Well executed and clean.

That said, there are some things that make the top of my list for what I use a lot in Photoshop and wish I had available in ArtWeaver:

• Some simple adjustable layer effects would be fantastic (inner shadow, outer glow, stroke, inner glow, color overlay, gradient overlay).
  • Ability to simply merge a layer down (like photoshop has with Ctrl+E).
  • Ability to stroke a selection path with a given pen thickness (using current foreground color).
  • Keyboard shortcut to change to "selection zoom". In photoshop if you hold Ctrl+Space you can drag a selection rectangle that will then set the zoom level appropriately to your selection.
  • The perspective grid is great for drawing. It would be nice to also have a way to distort something to perspective for pre-existing artwork.
  • If something exists on the clipboard, then a new document size would default to the size of the image on the clipboard.
  • If a rectangular selection is made, enable an Image > Crop to selection function.
  • Ability to fill a selection with foreground or background color using
  • Ctrl+Backspace (background) and Alt+Backspace (foreground).

Those are the things I most miss having. Again great job. I would go so far as to say that with some of those time-savers I've gotten so used to that I would personally ditch Photoshop completely in favor of ArtWeaver for my personal use!

Mu
Beitragvon Mu » So Aug 13, 2006 9:10 pm

If something exists on the clipboard, then a new document size would default to the size of the image on the clipboard.

you got it!

Just import from clipboard in the file menu!
Die einfachsten Wege sind doch oft die simpelsten...
(Morrison Arkwright)

hanzzz
Beitragvon hanzzz » Di Aug 15, 2006 8:45 am

Dot Pattern Fills. like here

http://www.deleter.jp/eng/deleterclub/mangatechnique/ct-g.html

Would be ideal to make cartoons in grayscale.

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“