ARTWEAVER WISHLIST

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
Alessandro

Mixing oil colors

Beitragvon Alessandro » Di Dez 27, 2005 9:44 pm

Hi,

I couldn't find a way to mix oil colors after applying them over the canvas,
I mean...using real oil colors if I fill an area using red then I wanna apply a gradient using blue I can drag the brush lot of times over the red until I obtain the desired gradient because the colors stay wet for some hour so I can smudge 'em.
I couldn't find a way to obtain this effect in artweaver.
If not present could this option be added in a future version?

thanks.

dky

paths

Beitragvon dky » Sa Dez 31, 2005 2:03 pm

It would be cool to have paths with bezier handles.

Mu
Beitragvon Mu » Sa Dez 31, 2005 4:50 pm

It would be cool to have paths with bezier handles.

I second that - and while we're at it... snapping brushstrokes to paths with the selected tool would be cool, too. 8)
Die einfachsten Wege sind doch oft die simpelsten...
(Morrison Arkwright)

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Re: Mixing oil colors

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Fr Jan 06, 2006 11:06 am

Alessandro hat geschrieben:Hi,

I mean...using real oil colors if I fill an area using red then I wanna apply a gradient using blue I can drag the brush lot of times over the red until I obtain the desired gradient because the colors stay wet for some hour so I can smudge 'em.

Have you tried the smear method for brushes? This method "smudge" the underlying colors like they are wet.

Alessandro

Beitragvon Alessandro » Sa Jan 07, 2006 3:58 pm

I tryed using oil colors and setting method=smear but the brush now behaves like the "distortion" brush that is it doesn't apply any color, simply it distorts the underling colors.
Of course you can mix colors like that but It isn't a oil brush...

scottie

Paths

Beitragvon scottie » So Jan 08, 2006 8:07 pm

I think this program is pretty cool as it stands already. While testing it once and awhile, I kinda get the feeling that this program should have some things because it has that type of feel to it. I think that the path/beizier/ spline thing would do well in this app. With path info, the path it's self can be an object where things added to it could be as child nodes making the workflow procedural where you have an interactive history of the work you are doing.

But, like I said, this app is awesome already as it is. I will play with it more, I just d'loaded the 3.9.8 not long ago and for all I know, it may already have paths...lol

Great app, and Thank you very much, Boris

Disho

Beitragvon Disho » Mi Jan 18, 2006 4:14 am

Some things that I think are useful:

1. Rulers - i thing that this is clear enough
2. A way to customize keybord shortcuts - many of us have strong habits and it would be great if we can work easier
3. perspective in free transform tool - so we can distort images

pardon me if some of these are allready there

Thanks for great software Boris!
I am amazed how fast I started to work with AW. And I am not an old Painter user ;-)

sutabi
Beitragvon sutabi » Fr Feb 10, 2006 9:18 am

It would be really helpful if you can expand the mdeia types window, its a real pain to scroll, plus the other windows have the bility to expand why not that?

Gast

Beitragvon Gast » Mo Feb 20, 2006 3:05 pm

Hi,

I think it would be usefull to be able to expand the brush window, in order to see them all in it.

I find it quite annoying to have to scroll everytime I want to change the kind of brush...

Thanks.

Gast

Beitragvon Gast » So Mär 05, 2006 3:35 am

want separate tab feature,of all
and custermizer tab

Gast

Beitragvon Gast » Di Mär 21, 2006 5:31 pm

Hi,

I just found Artweaver, and it's working really well for me! :)

There's some things I miss from Photoshop that would be quite useful (listed by priority):

1. Ctrl+Click a layer to select layer transparency - very useful for painting quick masks.
2. Move tool + free tranform working on only the selected/lasso area - useful for quickly moving bits of painting to check proportions/layout.
3. Merge layer below (Ctrl + E in PS) - quick for merging just 2 layers
4. Hide selection border (Ctrl+H in PS) - sometimes the marque border gets in the way of painting.

Mostly workflow improvement... with those 4 items in, I'll be able to paint solely in Artweaver.

If it's already in there, I apologize. Thanks again for the great tool.

Zaknafain

Re: Mixing oil colors

Beitragvon Zaknafain » So Apr 09, 2006 12:04 pm

Alessandro hat geschrieben:Hi,

thanks.

Well thats really easy. You just have to play around with the well features. If you set resaturation to 0 and bleed > 0 you get a blender (It is helpfull to have the opacity low). If you are looking for a natural feeling while painting, play with those settings.

FruitBatInShades

Initial thoughts

Beitragvon FruitBatInShades » Fr Apr 14, 2006 9:33 am

Thanks for a great program Boris :D

Here are my thoughts after using it for a couple of days

Keyboard mappings
We could do with the ability to map the keys to functions. This will enable users to use those tablet based keys and set the other functions up.

Mouse/Pen Control
What about using alt, ctrl, shift and space as brush keys along with the middle mouse button.

Shift-middle: move paper
Ctrl-middle: Zoom (+y in, -y out)
Alt-Middle: Brush size (+y smaller, -y bigger, +x -x rotation if relevant)
Space-Middle: Transparency (+y less, -y more)

These changes alone would speed my usage up immensly. Those of us with pens don;t have a middle mouse wheel :(

Interface
The interface is very Painter but painter is not the best natural media interface. Have you thought about going more organic with your design, something like this. Media interfaces have to be invisibale as much as possible due to the type of work involved. At present artweaver and painter suffer from the same photoshop styled interface that slows down work.

Comments
Absolutely fantastic program :) Thanks a lot Boris for releasing this. You've made me throw away my copy of painter :P [/list]

Alessandro

Beitragvon Alessandro » Do Apr 20, 2006 7:49 pm

Zaknafain wrote:

Well thats really easy. You just have to play around with the well features. If you set resaturation to 0 and bleed > 0 you get a blender (It is helpfull to have the opacity low). If you are looking for a natural feeling while painting, play with those settings.

Thanks for the reply.
I was able to somehow mix colors using "well" but I cound find a way to create a color which I feel like "oil color".
It would be cool if the preset would work like it's supposed to :)

FruitBatInShades wrote:
Keyboard mappings:
We could do with the ability to map the keys to functions. This will enable users to use those tablet based keys and set the other functions up.

it's a nice idea, so peaople could do their own keyboard layouts and eventually post them somewhere in this forum

dialectric
a few more wishes

Beitragvon dialectric » Di Mai 16, 2006 6:19 pm

artweaver is brilliant, and the upcoming version interface screenshot looks great.
I am using the 3.9 version for windows, in English.
I would like to offer a few feature suggestions:

1. Color Set

Currently, the color set tool is nice, but the trash can in the tool only deletes the last color in the set. It would be nice to allow you to select a color anywhere in the set, (possibly represented by a black border around the color). This selected color would be the color deleted when the trash can was clicked. an extension might be the ability to drag this selected color elsewhere in the set.

2. default new document option in preferences

Its great that artweaver can save tool palate positions; I would like to be able to save new document preferences, and, optionally, have the program open a new document matching those preferences when launched. This would be particularly useful when introducing younger users to computer art creation.

3. Berzier curves have already been mentioned a few times. Some kind of curve tool would be useful. I personally prefer the simpler curve tool used in macromedia flash, but would welcome the addition of any sort of curved line tool.

thanks,
Will
------------------------------------
------------------------------------

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“