ARTWEAVER WISHLIST

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
Gast

Beitragvon Gast » Di Nov 15, 2005 12:10 am

woo! :)

Gast

Beitragvon Gast » Di Nov 15, 2005 2:38 pm

There's a little something - I am missing a category in the tools window (Strg+3) for user/custom brushes. When I start creating a brush I am not always going for the look of a certain natural media and my sense of keeping things in order/sorted out makes it hard for me to find a place to put the new dab in.

So an Icon and category for user brushes...

Gast

Beitragvon Gast » Di Nov 15, 2005 10:16 pm

an 'F' key to go fullscreen against black?

and the shift hotkey for brush size should start from the current radius, not from zero. ie, the crosshair should sit on the edge of the circle, not in the center. Its too easy to tap and set your brush to a radius of 0.

Gast

Beitragvon Gast » Mi Nov 16, 2005 6:50 pm

not sure where bugs go, so i'l stick 'em here...

the text tool uses the current opacity, whcih is fine, except that the text toolbar doesn't show you the current opacity, only the current colour. Could opacity be added too?

Also, the ctrl- shortcut only works with the numeric keypad "-" sign. Makes it hard to use on a laptop!

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Mi Nov 16, 2005 8:37 pm

the text tool uses the current opacity, whcih is fine, except that the text toolbar doesn't show you the current opacity, only the current colour. Could opacity be added too?

No, the text tool always uses 100% opacity. You can change the opacity of the text with the layer opacity slider. So there is no need for such a option.

Gast

Beitragvon Gast » Do Nov 17, 2005 1:54 am

wierd, just checked and you're right, it works fine. never mind!

Gast

Beitragvon Gast » Di Nov 22, 2005 10:14 pm

yay, 0.3.9.5 has the non-rotating colour triangle! thanks boris!

Gast

Beitragvon Gast » Di Nov 22, 2005 11:39 pm

zoom independant brushes? a tricky one due to artweaver being bitmap and all, but sometimes it'd be great to be working at 100% with a size 20 brush, then zoom in to %200 and have the brush take up the same amount of screenspace, rather than also zooming %200.

Gast

Beitragvon Gast » Di Nov 22, 2005 11:57 pm

psd load/save?

Mu
Beitragvon Mu » Mi Nov 23, 2005 10:21 am

Now this is actually quite important:

there are a lot of tutorials out there describing how to do a grayscale value study of the subject first and afterwards apply colors on a new layer set to color mode...check this technique out here:
http://www.androidblues.com/JealousySte ... ystep.html

This way, all the value information (shadows and highlights, that is) of the grayscale study is preserved, while only the hue information of the color layer is applied.

Artweaver does not have a color mode, if I am not much mistaken, but as this is a widespread and important technique in digital painting (and in traditional oil painting I am told) it seems to me that it should be there in artweaver.[/b]
Die einfachsten Wege sind doch oft die simpelsten...
(Morrison Arkwright)

Gast

Beitragvon Gast » So Nov 27, 2005 7:34 pm

noticed the colour picker doesn't work right if you have layers with different blend modes. try this:

-new document, fill with red
-new layer, set layer mode to multiply, fill with white
-try and colour-pick the red, you'll find you can only choose white.

can this be fixed? or at least made a preference?

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » So Nov 27, 2005 10:34 pm

It's not really a bug. Artweaver takes the color from the original image data and ignores the blend mode.

I try to change it (maybe Artweaver 0.3.9.7).

Mu
another few things I neeeeeeed

Beitragvon Mu » Sa Dez 17, 2005 10:07 pm

- artweaver needs a thumbnail preview of its own fileformat when opening a file (.awd)

- I wish the layers would not automatically become the active layer when you only click the visibility icon. I mean half the time you switch a layer's visibility off so you don't want to work on that layer anyway. And the other times I find myself accidentially hooked on a different layer than I intended, because I just checked something switching between visible/hidden a few times...

- why can I only smear with 2 of the three available paper structure modes? When you paint you can choose structure/hard but when you smear there's only structure/flat and /soft...

whislist made... will santa boris know?
*looks up to the sky*

:D :D

(Morrison Arkwright)

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Mo Dez 19, 2005 8:07 pm

artweaver needs a thumbnail preview of its own fileformat when opening a file (.awd)

Can you please explain this more exactly?

I wish the layers would not automatically become the active layer when you only click the visibility icon. I mean half the time you switch a layer's visibility off so you don't want to work on that layer anyway. And the other times I find myself accidentially hooked on a different layer than I intended, because I just checked something switching between visible/hidden a few times...

I try to change this behavior in AW 0.4.

why can I only smear with 2 of the three available paper structure modes? When you paint you can choose structure/hard but when you smear there's only structure/flat and /soft...

Ok, i'll add more modes in AW 0.4.

Mu
Beitragvon Mu » Di Dez 20, 2005 12:19 am

artweaver needs a thumbnail preview of its own fileformat when opening a file (.awd)

Can you please explain this more exactly?

sure - when you open a file, all of the imagefiles that windows knows (like jpg, gif etc.) are represented with a thumbnail preview of the actual image. When you are looking for an .awd-file you get the artweaver icon as a thumbnail, but not the actual image.

I guess that's because you would have to totally implement a file-open-dialog from scratch to include a thumbnail preview of artweaver's proprietary format whereas you now use a windows peer or something of the sort?

To everything else: great support as always!

(Morrison Arkwright)

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“