who knows Corel Painter very well??

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
ahahah

who knows Corel Painter very well??

Beitragvon ahahah » Sa Jan 27, 2007 2:04 pm

hello

does somebody know what can be done with painter and not with artweaver?? in other words some useful functions from painter that doesnt exist (yet) in artweaver.

i dont talk about for example support or video tutorials from painter, but only the program itself.

and if possible the other way: what useful function from artweaver that doesnt exist in painter.

i ask this to know if it's worth a try to buy painter in comparaison with artweaver or not.

thanks for your answers

(ps: please dont tell me to try myself painter and answer my questions i want your point of view)

kenmo

Beitragvon kenmo » Sa Jan 27, 2007 4:55 pm

I was wondering the same thing... I think Artweaver is one of the best apps out there... And is second only to Wings3D as a free program...

I do get a little frustrated with the little amount of replies I get on questions posted here and on comments on images I've uploaded...

Other then that Artweaver is fantastic...

hanzzz
Beitragvon hanzzz » Sa Jan 27, 2007 5:40 pm

You're right.Artweaver is the best (for me anyway)
About the amount of replies, it only get's more active with users replying themselves. lots of members, but few posts. It all begins by ourselves.....
The more we reply, the more others will. (I think...) :wink:
MAY THE FUN BE WITH YOU !
http://hanzzcaricatures.blogspot.com/

ahahah

Beitragvon ahahah » Sa Jan 27, 2007 7:26 pm

kenmo hat geschrieben:I think Artweaver is one of the best apps out there...

hanzzz hat geschrieben:You're right.Artweaver is the best (for me anyway)

better than painter? :shock:

kenmo

Beitragvon kenmo » Sa Jan 27, 2007 8:26 pm

Better then Painter? YES if you consider the price.... Best bang for the buck...

As in cars - A Ferrari is better then a Ford Mustang BUT not when you take performance & quality along with cost into considertion - The Mustang wins hands down.... So does Artweaver in my mind...

ahahah

Beitragvon ahahah » Sa Jan 27, 2007 8:48 pm

ok, but without considering the price, just objectively which useful functions are present in painter and absent in artweaver.

and which useful functions are present in artweaver and absent in painter.

in fact it was my question of the beginning.

softwork

Beitragvon softwork » So Jan 28, 2007 1:42 pm

Can only compare it to Painter 7.

Just to name a few:

-Biggest difference is that in Painter the brushes are much smoother and brush effects are more realistic.
-Painter has more brushes like Liquid Ink and WaterColor or Impasto (sort of brush with 3d effect)
-Painter has better support of PhotoShop files.

The choice for Artweaver or Painter depends on what you want to do with it and the quality of your work.
Artweaver is a good painting program for most user. Painter is just more professional.

kenmo

Beitragvon kenmo » Mo Jan 29, 2007 8:30 pm

Not owning Painter, I can not comment. However I did have a demo of Corel Esssentials 3 and IMHO Artweaver is better....

ahahah

Beitragvon ahahah » Mo Jan 29, 2007 9:35 pm

thanks for your comments.

personnaly i find painter very heavy for the system.
hardly i move the mouse (no opened file) and the cpu usage increases significatively

Troken

Beitragvon Troken » Di Jan 30, 2007 4:07 pm

One great feature I've only seen in Painter is that you can rotate the canvas to get a nice angle when painting.

kenmo

Beitragvon kenmo » Mi Jan 31, 2007 8:23 pm

I believe Artrage has that function too... I have a registered version of Artrage 2.2 but I seldom use it since finding Artweaver....

hanzzz
Beitragvon hanzzz » Do Feb 01, 2007 6:47 pm

image=> rotate canvas=> choose an option....

I have a copy of painter classic, but I never open the program.I only use Artweaver and artrage...

Troken

Beitragvon Troken » Fr Feb 02, 2007 10:26 am

hanzzz hat geschrieben:image=> rotate canvas=> choose an option...

Yes, and this is a feature all graphic editor has, but recent versions of Painter has a rotate tool, where you can rotate the canvas like you rotate a paper on the desk, without resampling pixels. This feature is not common.

I found a freeware that does the same thing: OpenCanvas. Download it and try (it's the 10th tool in the toolbox).
http://sagie.com/downloads/opencanvas.exe

Actually, I think I'll start a new request thread about it.

hanzzz
Beitragvon hanzzz » Fr Feb 02, 2007 3:12 pm

Artrage has it too...never used it...

Mu
Beitragvon Mu » So Feb 11, 2007 9:33 am

Painter IX.5:

- professional line interpolation, smooth lines
- adjustable brush behaviour, brush tracking (fit the lines to your way of drawing)
- Impasto brushes (thick 3D color patches on the canvas, lighting adjustable)
- Impasto look toggle for the whole canvas
- Liquid ink, freely scalable brushstrokes, very realistic looking ink simulation with lots of params
- artist's oils (Oil colour simulation)
- watercolor with specific settings for the layer and the brush variant like gravity, bleed and particle flow settings, incredibly complex
- digital watercolor variants for the quick watercolor look with adjustable edges of strokes
- Brush composer, tweak all the parameters on a separate designer window, have the app randomize parameters to come up with new variants or have it create a new brush from two given brushes!
- ANIMATION SUPPORT: onion skinning (have more than one frame show at the same time), sav and load animations and films
- adjustment layers: non-destructive image manipulation
- plugin layers: apply non-destructive image editing with distortion brushes or other effects
- Photoshop file format support
- Vector shapes, create your vector graphics in Painter or import from Illustrator
- endless possibilities to tweak the params of the brushes so your CPU load can handle the strokes...

erm, yea... Since I got a copy of Painter I don't really use Artweaver any more....but it is indeed for free, so keep on using it if it does what you want. My main gripe was that I couldn't use Artweaver to go for the really big files the way I wanted to, because of the lacking memory management, but that will come with some version sooner or later.

see ya folks!
Die einfachsten Wege sind doch oft die simpelsten...
(Morrison Arkwright)

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“