A few Artweaver questions

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
kenmo

A few Artweaver questions

Beitragvon kenmo » Do Jan 11, 2007 11:30 pm

First off I would like to say Artweaver is slowly becoming one of my most favorite apps...

Not having a Corel Painter background but being very familiar with Corel Paint Shop Pro, I have a few questions...

Under the Brushes palette (see attached image if in doubt)...what is the slection box min Size for ?

At the very bottom of this palette there are four boxes, the last one being a gradient. When do I use these boxes (what tool) and what do they do...

Boris you've given us a great tool...

Many thanks...

Kenmo

kenmo

Beitragvon kenmo » Do Jan 11, 2007 11:31 pm

Ooops here's the screen ump...

kenmo

Beitragvon kenmo » Do Jan 11, 2007 11:32 pm

Once more I'll try...

kenmo

Beitragvon kenmo » Do Jan 11, 2007 11:47 pm

Looks like I'm having problems with the file attachment....Also what is the spacing option for in the brushes palette...

Troken

Beitragvon Troken » Fr Jan 12, 2007 4:25 pm

kenmo hat geschrieben:Looks like I'm having problems with the file attachment....Also what is the spacing option for in the brushes palette...

I think that spacing is the distance between each new brush dab against the canvas. Space between so to say. Try increasing the spacing and you'll see what it does.

Plz correct me if im wrong, have not the software at this workstation so I cant try it out.

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Sa Jan 13, 2007 11:41 am

Under the Brushes palette (see attached image if in doubt)...what is the slection box min Size for ?

This option is useful if you have set the size controller to an value uneven to None. Normally the dab size varies then from 0 to 100 percent. With the Min Size can you now control the lowest size of the dab (0 to 50 percent).

At the very bottom of this palette there are four boxes, the last one being a gradient. When do I use these boxes (what tool) and what do they do...

These boxes are controllers for the different presets used in Artweaver. With this controller you can selected the different presets (paper structures, nozzles, captured brushes and gradients). They are used by some brushes.

I think that spacing is the distance between each new brush dab against the canvas. Space between so to say. Try increasing the spacing and you'll see what it does.

Thats right.

Looks like I'm having problems with the file attachment....

Should now be fixed.

kenmo

Beitragvon kenmo » Di Jan 23, 2007 6:53 pm

Sorry...but I've been playing with different settings and I really don't see any differences....

Any tutorials on the web for Artweaver would be greatly appreciated... You are on the horizon of bringing to artists one of the best opensource apps since Wings3D.... An increase in userbase and more support material (faqs, tutorials, how to's, manual) would certainly assist in giving your outstanding app more attention....

Cheers

Ken

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Mi Jan 24, 2007 6:58 pm

Sorry...but I've been playing with different settings and I really don't see any differences....

Which setting do you mean (spacing, min size, ...)?

kenmo

Beitragvon kenmo » Sa Jan 27, 2007 4:56 pm

In this panel here....
Dateianhänge
Artweaver.jpg
Artweaver.jpg (29.09 KiB) 10478 mal betrachtet

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » So Jan 28, 2007 1:38 pm

Ok,

most of those settings are previewable in the preview window on the brush palette. So you can see what they do. The angle control only affects when you have set the shape option to an value uneven 100 (e.g. 50). You should also set the category value to a soft value to see how different brush tip profiles work.

More explanations about the different brush settings are in the online help (and even more).

kenmo

Beitragvon kenmo » Mo Jan 29, 2007 8:28 pm

Thanks muchly Boris.... I'll try that....

Cheers

Kenmo

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“