Translating Artweaver 0.3

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Translating Artweaver 0.3

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Sa Jul 16, 2005 12:25 pm

Hi,

with the new Artweaver release (0.3.8.3) it is possible to translate Artweaver into other languages.

Here are the steps to translate Artweaver:
  • First install the Artweaver SDK 0.3 (can be found on the Artweaver homepage under development).
  • In the Artweaver SDK directory on the harddisk is a directory called Language with a file "Artweaver.lng". Copy this file to the Artweaver program directory (e.g. c:\program files\artweaver 0.3).
  • After this, start the Artweaver Language File Editor (LangFileEditor.exe) and open the "Artweaver.lng" file located in the Artweaver program directory.
  • Now you can translate all strings to your langauge.
  • When you have finished, save your work and start Artweaver to check your translation.
If you send me your translation (file "Artweaver.lng" to info{at}artweaver.de), it will be published on the Artweaver homepage.

Some important notes:
  • In some strings there are blanks at the beginning or at the end. Please don't remove these blanks.
  • Some strings are part of a path to Files needed by Artweaver (indicated by a "\"). Please don't translate this strings, except you know what you are doing.
  • With the instruction #PARA you can add a new paragraph.
  • While translating, it is usefull to delete the Plug-In Cache on each Artweaver start. Add the following command to your Artweaver shortcut to do this: "/resetplugincache"
  • There is a string called "Translated by [your name]". If you change this string then your copyright will be displayed in the "Artweaver About" window.

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » So Aug 14, 2005 8:31 pm

Here are some hints to translate the latest Artweaver release with an existing language file from an older Artweaver release:
  • When a new Artweaver release comes out, a current language file will be available in the Development area on the Artweaver.de homepage.
  • With the help of the merge function in the Artweaver Language File Editor you can merge your existing language file with the new one. The base file is your existing language file and the new file is the current language file. New Language items are at the end of the resulting language file.

tayete

Beitragvon tayete » Do Okt 06, 2005 6:57 pm

Well, I have transtlated ARtweaver to Spanish, but it is quite funny that the menu "View" doesn't appear in the language file. I cannot translate it, nor any of its options...

How can I do this?
How can I upload my translated file?

Thaks!!!

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Do Okt 06, 2005 7:29 pm

Well, I have transtlated ARtweaver to Spanish, but it is quite funny that the menu "View" doesn't appear in the language file. I cannot translate it, nor any of its options...

How can I do this?

I've uploaded a new language file: Artweaver-0.3.9.3.lng. The file can be found in the developement area of the Artweaver.de homepage. I hope this fixes the "funny" view menu translation.

Hint: You have to do a merge with your translation file and this new file.

How can I upload my translated file?

Just send the file to support [at] artweaver.de. I'll add the translation then to the homepage.

deathblood
Beitragvon deathblood » Fr Jul 14, 2006 1:59 pm

:)
Chinese edition.Hope more people like this cool tool!
http://www.deathblood.net/Artweaver_Chi ... hblood.rar

oletoots

Beitragvon oletoots » Sa Nov 01, 2008 3:02 am

:cry: ..ok--color me a computer dunce--I tried following the directions given in these posts--but I'm at a loss here.

All I want to do is when I start the program, have everything in ENGLISH, instead of 'dutch/german????

Isn't there a way to just ~do~ this without knowing darn-near computer programing?

help---I really want to use this program again! The origional version was already IN english!

thank you!!!

Miq

Beitragvon Miq » Sa Nov 01, 2008 8:55 am

Not that difficult, dude... :wink:

Fire up Artweaver, take the second menu ("Bearbeiten"=Edit) from the left, then select the very last entry ("Optionen..."=Options). In the dialog box, from the pop-up menu top left choose the last entry ("Sprachen"=Language). From the second pop-up menu below the first select "English", click on the Ok button and you are set.
Miq.

MX_Master

Re: Translating Artweaver

Beitragvon MX_Master » Fr Okt 02, 2009 7:44 pm

I want to say one thing.. ENGLISH translation still have GERMAN words in it. It's not good for English users, but I'm even not an English user ) i really don't understand some words in German. Can you make more language translations for 1.0 version? And if you can't, how can i create/change new language file?

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Sa Okt 03, 2009 6:02 pm

ENGLISH translation still have GERMAN words

Do you have some samples for me where the translation is wrong? Last time I've checked the translation there was everything OK.

MX_Master

Beitragvon MX_Master » Sa Okt 03, 2009 7:51 pm

Here some screens below. See more screens in attachment... And what about other languages, for example Russian ?

2.png
2.png (4.82 KiB) 13835 mal betrachtet
5.png
5.png (10.59 KiB) 13835 mal betrachtet
1.png
1.png (5.52 KiB) 13835 mal betrachtet
Dateianhänge
lang_bugs.zip
some sample screens
(78.85 KiB) 368-mal heruntergeladen

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Sa Okt 03, 2009 11:31 pm

I've checked this. Unfortunately I can't see these translation problems. On my system there are no German words in the English translation.

Maybe your installation is damaged. Have you tried to remove Artweaver and install it again?

Other translations are not available at the moment. But I will publish soon new information about how Artweaver 1.0 can be translated.

MX_Master

Beitragvon MX_Master » So Okt 04, 2009 9:25 am

OK, I'm just waiting for AW translation info ) because after reinstalling this translation problem still here. And even in your system all is OK, in other systems still can be bugs, mistakes, etc.

lulalala

Beitragvon lulalala » Fr Nov 13, 2009 12:38 pm

I am having the same issue in the 1.06 version too, having a bit of Dutch here and there.
Also the language file page is gone, so I can't test other languages.

Another recommendation: Would it be possible to change the access key for [File] from [i] to [f]?
This is very common in other softwares I have seen.

And also, is it possible to help on the development?

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Re: Translating Artweaver 0.3

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Mi Nov 18, 2009 10:18 am

The translation issue will be fixed with one of the next major updates (now I'm able to reproduce it).

Changing the access key is possible when creating a custom translation. By default Artweaver chooses the access key automatically.

Btw. Now the Artweaver Language Editor for Version 1.0 is available and also a short summary how to translate Artweaver is here accessible.

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“