How to blend textures?

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
Kvetoslav

How to blend textures?

Beitragvon Kvetoslav » So Dez 10, 2006 4:59 pm

Hello,

first of all I would like to thank to Mr. Boris Eyrich for Artweaver. It is one of the best free softwares.

As I am using it mostly for painting textures for 3D animation (Blender package) I have one question concerning blending textures. Is there any possibility for blending colour values or luminosity?

If I am not too clear please look at this tutorial:
http://www.cgtextures.com/tutorials.html - advanced blending using "Blend if"

I am trying to do it in Artweaver but without any luck. But I suppose I just cannot find the right function.

Thank you very much in advance for you help.

Good luck to all coders :-)

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » So Dez 10, 2006 9:58 pm

Hi

nice tutorial :)

Currently it's not possible to adjust the layer blending. I also think this feature is not so important/common to implement it in Artweaver.

But if you would like to try advanced blending you can use the BlendIf Plug-In I've written quick and dirty. You can it download it here. Just copy the file BlendIf.plg into the Artweaver Plug-In folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Artweaver 0.4\Plug-Ins\). Now you should see a new item in the layers menu.

Miq

Beitragvon Miq » Mo Dez 11, 2006 8:36 am

In my second-favourite painting program :wink: Pixia it was possible to use any brush on the alpha channel layer to modify the transparency of the respective picture layer. So you could gradually blend two pictures together, explicitly controlling where the lower was visible and to what extent. Nice feature, and should work in AW as well... 8)
Miq.

Kvetoslav

Beitragvon Kvetoslav » Mo Dez 11, 2006 5:44 pm

Dear Boris,

you are very very kind. I am really surprised and thankful for your plug-in. I am downloading it know. I will give to the forum my feedback. It would be great to add it as common plug-in.

Thank you very much

Kvetoslav

Beitragvon Kvetoslav » Mo Dez 11, 2006 6:57 pm

I am sorry. I have installed new Artweaver and it worked ok. But with this plug-in it does not start at all.

I have Windows XP SP2, AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 512 MB RAM.

Maybe the problem is that I have got installed Artweaver in D: not in C:?

Kvetoslav

Beitragvon Kvetoslav » Mo Dez 11, 2006 8:25 pm

OK. That was the problem. On C: drive it all works fine. I am really sorry to bother you, but could you please explaine more closely how does this new plug-in work. I am just playing with it but cannot find some rules.

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Mo Dez 11, 2006 10:39 pm

I've uploaded a new version of this Plug-In. It should now more clear how it works. The four values are the same values as described in the tutorial for the underlying layer.

Kvetoslav

Beitragvon Kvetoslav » Di Dez 12, 2006 8:17 am

Thank you very much once more. That is really great, I are condig really quickly. For me this plug-in is some kind of Christmass present.

I will test it later this day.

Frohe Weinachten Boris :-)

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“