I don't know how layers work

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
Meta

I don't know how layers work

Beitragvon Meta » Do Jul 20, 2017 11:31 pm

So I'm trying to edit a drawing I did, whims was only the outline, and now I'm trying to color it. The problem is I put two layers in a group but the colored section does not show up, also when it does show up, it shows up on top of the lines instead of going behind it. I was trying to be lazy by coloring all over then put then layers in a group so the scribbles wouldn't show up but they do. Am I doing something wrong or is that the only way to do it.

Thanks In Advance

Meta :D

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Re: I don't know how layers work

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Di Jul 25, 2017 8:53 am

If you want to color an outline it is important that the layer with the outline has transparency where no stroke is drawn and it is not a background layer.

For existing images you can do this by duplicating the background layer, choosing Select -> Color Range and selecting the background color and finally deleting the selected content. Now when changing the background layer visibility to none you should only see the outline in the newly created layer.

At this point you can create new layers, colorize them as you need and also move the outline layer on top or below the colorize layer.

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“