How to change color of text

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
apb1963

How to change color of text

Beitragvon apb1963 » Mi Sep 19, 2012 10:19 pm

I have selected some text using the magic wand tool. How can I change the color of that text?
My background (which is a layer) is transparent.

I tried image>fill, but that changed the color of everything EXCEPT the text.

Paintbrush kind of worked, but it fills in the middle of "O's" and other letters, so that's no good.

Thank you in advance.

apb1963

Re: How to change color of text

Beitragvon apb1963 » Do Sep 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Here's what ended up working for me.

First, transparent background causes holes to be left in letters with closed loops like O and e and g, etc. So, I created a layer with a colored background and filled the background layer in completely, I chose to use a radial gradient. I pushed it to the bottom of the layer stack. Then, I took the layer that had nothing but my one line of text on it and applied the Brush tool to it, by clicking and dragging from one end to the other, with the Brush color I wanted the text to be.

There were times when this didn't work and I'm not quite sure why or when, but I suspect somehow in some way I wasn't in the right "mode". One has to be careful of the mode, and that the right layer is selected, etc. One thing I don't like about Artweaver is it doesn't give you any clues as to what you're doing wrong, other than a circle with a bar over it telling you that you "can't do that". Very frustrating when you don't know what you're doing wrong. For the longest time I never noticed the "Apply" button for text and I kept killing and restarting Artweaver because I thought it was hung. Other times I would select the text in a layer and try to move it, but it took several tries to get it to move - again no idea why. Then after moving the text it leaves the selection outline (crawling ants) in the original place, and to move it again you have to reselect the text - that's got to be a bug. The selection outline should move when you move the text/layer.

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“