Moving an eye

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
HenryTjernlund

Moving an eye

Beitragvon HenryTjernlund » Mo Okt 31, 2011 9:02 pm

Again, I haven't used ArtWeaver in a couple years, but trying out the new version 1.0.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I started a sketch of a face, and decided that I want to move/nudge one of the eyes. IT seemed the way to do it would be to Lasso the eye and move it with the move tool or arrow keys. But the whole layer seems to move instead. All I want to do is to move the one eye to align it a little better with the other. Am I missing how this is done?

THanks,
Henry

Surrealist-Tanja

Re: Moving an eye

Beitragvon Surrealist-Tanja » Fr Nov 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi

I also thought it would work this way, because that's how I know it from Photoshop :) . But it seems that you have to cut out the part you want to move, paste it on a new layer, move it, and merge the layers again.

Tc
Tanja

HenryTjernlund

Beitragvon HenryTjernlund » Mo Nov 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Thanks for the reply. One other side effects seems that when you cut from a layer it leave a hole in it. So it takes some extra steps to fill the hole, or in some cases I put a blank white (catch all paper) layer on the bottom of the layer stack.

In a freehand sketch program its seems common to need to move/rotate/scale parts of the artwork. Thus it would be nice to have that kind of process to be made streamlined.

Surrealist-Tanja

Beitragvon Surrealist-Tanja » Di Nov 15, 2011 1:06 pm

Oh yes, I would like to have these features too :D

Maya

Beitragvon Maya » Di Dez 27, 2011 11:21 pm

In a wink of an eye..

Hi

I have some suggestions for the painters who love to paint faces.. it is based on my own experiences.

> Start with a new layer for the basis for the face.. just make a rough sketch or some broad strokes in
color and get the form.
> Open a new transparant layer.. only to sketch or paint the mouth.
> Open a new transparant layer.. only to sketch or paint the nose
> Open a new transparant layer.. only to sketch or paint one or two eyes.
When the eyes should exactly be the same.. make one eye, duplicate the layer and mirror the eye in
that layer.
> At last.. in a new transparant layer.. paint the eyebrow(s).

The advantages of this rather disciplined way to create a face is.. you can tweak what you want later. You can move the selections around till your are satisfied with how the face look like.

The really last steps are to adjust the colour and contrasts in a more detailed way and to add some essential fine details, like higlights.

Save the painting in AW format and in JPG or Bitmapformat..In Bitmap you have the best (constant)quality but the file is 7x larger. For printing.. save on 300dpi. For publishing on the web is 72 dpi sufficient enough.

Good luck!

Maya

Merchant

Beitragvon Merchant » Di Jun 19, 2012 6:28 pm

Hey Maya. I will just try this. Seems legit ;-)

ynefleeman

Beitragvon ynefleeman » Di Aug 07, 2012 3:46 am

Will try this also.:)

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“