Freezes while loading

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
Jenday

Freezes while loading

Beitragvon Jenday » Mo Okt 10, 2011 6:11 pm

I have Artweaver Version 1.22. Every single time I try to open it, it freezes while 'Looking for Papers'. Before I had version 1.23, but then I uninstalled it and installed 1.22. It still doesn't work. :?

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Re: Freezes while loading

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Do Okt 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Mmm, it could be that there is an paper preset which can't be loaded by Artweaver.

Can you please check if there are any *.pap files in the following folder:

• Windows XP: C:\Document and Settings\<Your Username>\Application Data\Artweaver\1.0\Papers\
  • Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Artweaver\1.0\Papers\

If there are any, please change their file extension to .papp and try again to start Artweaver.

Jenday

Beitragvon Jenday » Fr Okt 14, 2011 1:16 am

I checked, but there aren't any '.Pap' or '.Papp' files. :S

Jenday

Beitragvon Jenday » Sa Okt 15, 2011 3:09 am

I realized there were some cache files in 'C:\Document and Settings\<Your Username>\Application Data\Artweaver\1.0\', so I deleted them.

IT WORKS.

IggyPhoenix98

Beitragvon IggyPhoenix98 » Di Feb 19, 2013 6:42 pm

I've been having the same problem (freezing while loading papers) and I've tried changing the .pap to .papp but then it told me I'd have to re-install it because there was an error because I did that and there are no cache files.

I'm really confused on what I should do - it was 1.23 but now it's gone back to 1.1 but the problem is still there.

Help? :!:

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Mi Feb 20, 2013 10:14 am

This error shows up if at least one paper preset is damaged. Can you please also rename the paper presets which exists in your user profile (see my first answer in this thread for more details).

I also suggest to use the latest Artweaver version from the Artweaver homepage as there were many improvements in the meantime (Artweaver currently has version 3).

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“