Ways to improve Artweaver's performance?

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
GraphicFalcon

Ways to improve Artweaver's performance?

Beitragvon GraphicFalcon » Mo Apr 04, 2011 12:19 am

I have been enjoying art weaver's artistic tools and rendering but have been quite frustrated with how laggy and slow in performance the engine reacts with certain tools and brushes. Larger brushes will most certainly lag (oils or acrylics, best way to smoothen speed is to raise the Spacing...) and for some reason even the pencil brush is very laggy, unless I am zoomed to 33ish percent out of canvas.

Are there any good methods to speeding up AW's performance? I have tried adjusting some preference options (choosing Brush icon for painting, turning down history states, turned off Show Brush Outline...) and still having the lags.

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Re: Ways to improve Artweaver's performance?

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Do Apr 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Which version of Artweaver are you using?

Currently there are not so much options to control the performance of Artweaver. Mostly changing spacing or the brush size has a big influence on redrawing speed. Also the amount of layers in a document has some impact.

Changing history state is only recommended if there is not so much RAM available and the appearance of brush preview is only relevant when not drawing.

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“