View is too small/zoom is fuzzy

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
mikeartell

View is too small/zoom is fuzzy

Beitragvon mikeartell » Di Feb 15, 2011 1:42 am

I've been using PhotoShop Elements for years, but I just got a netbook and I downloaded Artweaver. I'm loving what I see so far but I do have two issues...When I bring up a new page on which to draw, it comes up at about 66% of full size. When I zoom in to 100% and draw, the line I draw looks very choppy or fuzzy, not sharp and clean. Also when I move the pen/pencil quickly, Artweaver seems to have trouble "keeping up." There's a delay between the movement of my pen/pencil and the line that appears on the screen.

Can anyone provide some suggestions as to how to resolve these two issues.

Maya

Re: View is too small/zoom is fuzzy

Beitragvon Maya » Mi Feb 16, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi Mike,

I will try to give some answers, as good as I can.
About the 66% you see most of the time.. that depends on the format of your new canvas too. It is not always so that 66% is standard what you see. In other programs , if you open a new canvas and it is a normal till large format.. you also have to adjust it.
You say when I zoom In and draw.. you have jagged edges.. that depends of the pen/drawing tool you use..
They are different of caracter. It is easy to adjust such a pen/drawing tool by using the slider of the "Bleed" function in the upper part menu.. what concerns your other remark.. the pen/pencil has trouble with keeping up.. with other words.. works too slow.. there is this option in the Brusheditor to correct this.
You find this by "Advanced' and there you see the possibilty to use "Speed".. for a brush. It is a bit expirementing with these option.

When you have adjust such a pen/pencil in the way you like it .. do not forget to save the brush and give it a name and.. after that... to save the brush as a Standard brush.

I hope this advise is useful for you.

Enjoy Artweaver!

Maya

mikeartell

Beitragvon mikeartell » Fr Feb 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Maya:

Thanks so much for the help. I followed your suggestion about editing the brush and it solved the problem. Unfortunately, I'm still having the problem of Artweaver responding too slowly when I draw. I went to the brush editor as you suggested and clicked on the advanced tab, but I could not locate any info about "speed." I clickede on all the tabs, but I do not see the word "speed" anywhere.

Can you provide a little more help?

Thanks,
Mike

Maya

Beitragvon Maya » Sa Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Hello Mike,

I am glad that one of the problems is solved.
Now the problem with the "Speed"of the brush.

Go to the Brush Editor> Go to Advanced>

There you see a lot of options, it depends of the chosen Brush if they are active or not.

As an example> Let us go the right> there you see the options Size and Angle> next to these words
you click on the the small triangle and a Submenu unfold with> more Options.. like Speed..and a lot more.

Another word about speed in AW.. in the free version, brushes can only be as large as 250 pixels. And, in general, how bigger the brush you use, more working memory is needed and that is also the case in PShop and Painter of Corel and other image editors.

AW is a pogram that does not take a lot of space in data on the computer. There is also always a possiblity that the working memory of the computer had become less, if there are too much data and temporary files which can slow the computer down.

I hope my explanation is of some use for you

Maya

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“