Problem with Resaturation!

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
GraphicFalcon

Problem with Resaturation!

Beitragvon GraphicFalcon » Do Jan 13, 2011 10:08 am

I'm fairly new with Artweaver and I have been playing around with the version 1.0 (1.1? Application states it is both 1.0 and 1.1)...and I am enjoying the interface and brushes AW has to offer. As someone who has worked alot with both Painter and Photoshop, this is a very neat program where it hybridizes elements from both into its own space.

I am still testing around the whole thing to get used to it, and out of my exploring so far I have one complaint! Out of my search for a blender brush (distortion > smear is NOT a good blending brush) I made my own using any acrylic or Oils brush (for paint jobs) and turned that Bleed/blend up high and Resat to Zero. The problem, is the brushes will continue to paint with whatever you have selected in the colors windows, meaning a colorless blender brush will blend and smear yes but not be colorless! Even at 0 Resat, I could still paint any hue. This Resat deal is the same with about every brush, and it should be at 0 opaque of hue at 0 Resat.

Just for heads up notification! Maybe this could be adjusted for a future version.

I am enjoying Artweaver muchly and will be using it as much as my other tools now. Looking foward to future versions!

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Re: Problem with Resaturation!

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » So Jan 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Thank you for the hint. I will check it and try to improve it in on the of the next versions.

Gerson73

Beitragvon Gerson73 » Fr Jan 21, 2011 2:42 am

This is a great idea GraphicFalcon. This would be very nice if developed and added. I'm excited on this. This would be an advantage among others.

awootten

Beitragvon awootten » Mo Jun 20, 2011 10:45 pm

This addition is ESSENTIAL! How can you have natural media software without a decent SET of blending tools?! I am new to Artweaver, but am very used to Painter. I've been looking for an alternative to Painter, and Artweaver could be it, but it cannot possibly fit the bill without these essential tools. I am using the trial version at the moment, and thought I must be missing something, until I read this forum. I have had the same problem trying to make a blending brush as did GraphicFalcon - the resat tool doesn't seem to work. If it did, I'd be able to make my own blenders. Please sort it out! I'll happily spend money on this software if you do, but it's useless to me until that is sorted out.

awootten

Beitragvon awootten » Mo Jun 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Having ranted on like that, I have just tried an acrylic brush with resat turned to zero and bleed turned to max, and mysteriously it seems to have worked! Got to play around to see why, but so far so good. I still don't understand why a decent set of blenders isn't included as standard though. :?

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Mo Jul 11, 2011 7:53 am

You can additionally use the Distortion brushes to do some blending. Also I'm currently plan to improve blending in Artweaver (especially renaturation and bleed) in the next major version.

Merchant

Beitragvon Merchant » Di Jun 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Boris Eyrich hat geschrieben:You can additionally use the Distortion brushes to do some blending. Also I'm currently plan to improve blending in Artweaver (especially renaturation and bleed) in the next major version.

Works great now. I appreciate your personal work here and your support!

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“