Is there any way to get the older versions back?

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
moonflower2

Is there any way to get the older versions back?

Beitragvon moonflower2 » So Dez 06, 2009 5:01 am

Ever since I got the newest version, Artweaver 1.0, s far it's not working too well with me.... the brushes keep flashing every time I move them, the colorizing brushes are gone, and it's a lot slower than the older version... There's not any way to get Artweaver 0.5 back, is there? I miss it :(

Sorry I'm complaining... maybe mine has a bug or something? Is it normal for anyone for the brushes to flash and stuff?

Congiu
Re: Is there any way to get the older versions back?

Beitragvon Congiu » So Dez 06, 2009 4:15 pm

I make a speed comparison between Artweaver 0.5 and the lasted version 1.08 on my computer. And effectively artweaver 1.08 is a bit slower than the 0.5 version.

For the brush flashing it's normal if your brush size go over 250 pixels (because it's possible in the free version, and i don't know why). The bigger the brush size is, more visible and slower the flashing is.

Christoph Weinert

Beitragvon Christoph Weinert » Mi Dez 30, 2009 12:18 am

Info: Durch die Änderung der Forensoftware sowie Veröffentlichung der Artweaver-Version 1.0 sind leider viele der von mir geposteten Links zu Infos und Hilfebeschreibungen innerhalb des Forums und der Artweaver-Homepage nicht mehr erreichbar (Okt. 2009).

Dante1111

Beitragvon Dante1111 » Fr Jan 22, 2010 5:52 pm

I've Installed Artweaver 0.5 successfully one year ago from a magazine and it worked fine.
I've used it to edit Photoshop multi-layered files, and notwithstanding some limitation in loading complex PSD files it worked very well. It has been very useful in managing layers that recognizes and lists as well.
There was a little problem: the PSD files saved in TGA format resulted rotated top bottom. Nothing of important, but hoping to solve it, I installed the 1.0 version.
Now I'm in trouble 'couse the old version does not recognizes any more the layers. I've uninstalled both versions and reinstalled only the 0.5 one, but no way: the layer recognizing routine is lost.
I think the 0.5 version was better, also becouse had more languages and more filter options.
Any suggestion for a full back downgrade version to 0.5?

Thanks
Dante

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Sa Jan 23, 2010 10:58 am

but no way: the layer recognizing routine is lost.

The 1.0 version uses another format for AWD files than the old versions. Thus older versions can't open files created by the 1.0 versions by default. You can maximize the compatibility of the AWD format in Artweaver 1.0 but older version are still not able to load single layers from a document (only a flattened copy):

http://www.artweaver.de/artweaver-documents-from-version-1-0-can-not-be-opened-in-older-versions-en

Dante1111

Beitragvon Dante1111 » So Jan 24, 2010 10:01 am

I try to eplain me better

1) I installed Arweaver 0.5 and it worked fine. I used it to load Photpshop files (PSD). Artweaver showed the different layer of which the image was composed. Since I need to have the file saved in TGA format, after having edited it i saved in such TGA format BUT I DO NOT CHANGE IN ANY WAY THE ORIGINAL PSD FILE.
2) Since Artwever, while saving in TGA, for an unpredictable reason, rotates the image top - bottom, I wanted to try Artweawer 1.0 to see if it solved the problem, and I installed the last release.
3) I realized that Artweaver 1.0 has less effects and languages, and also if it reads the same PSD files, the background layer is not read (the other layer are correctly read) and does not solve the top bottom rotation problem. So I decided to use the old version back.
4) I run the old Artweaver 0.5 version and try to open the SAME UNCHANGED PSD file BUT THE LAYERS THERE WERE NO MORE, the old program, loading the file, seems to have merged all the layers in only one.
5) I uninstalled both programs, clean the registry with CCcleaner reboot the pc and re-install only Artweaver 0.5 old version: THE OLD PROGRAM READ ONLY ONE LAYER OF THE PSD FILE!

I download from internet many original PSD files from the some source http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Technical/SL-Tuts/SLPages/AVUVTemplates.html, but the Artweaver 0.5 does no more read the layers.

What has happened?

Thanks for your attention and reply

DANte

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » So Feb 07, 2010 10:04 am

2) Since Artwever, while saving in TGA, for an unpredictable reason, rotates the image top - bottom, I wanted to try Artweawer 1.0 to see if it solved the problem, and I installed the last release.

Thats strange because there were no changes in the TGA file format Plug-In as I remember right.

4) I run the old Artweaver 0.5 version and try to open the SAME UNCHANGED PSD file BUT THE LAYERS THERE WERE NO MORE, the old program, loading the file, seems to have merged all the layers in only one.

I thinks the PSD file is corrupted or something else. Normally Artweaver should read all layers in the PSD format if there are any.

When I try the sample PSD file on the mentioned homepage there are always layers shown in Artweaver 0.5 and 1.0.

Dante1111

Beitragvon Dante1111 » Mo Feb 08, 2010 1:46 pm

That's really strange indeed. I downloaded again the original pds file from the web site and opened it with Artweaver 1.0 and that's ok. When I try to open the same file with Artveaver 5.0 I've only the background layer. If it can help I can notice that in Artweaver 1.0 I have no background layer for the same file. I've checked for some possible setup option in 0.5v but none invented.

Thanks for reply and attention

DAnte

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » So Feb 14, 2010 3:32 pm

One of the new features in Artweaver 1.0 is that you now can have images without a background layer (only transparent layers). In Artweaver 0.5 every image must have an background layer thus there is always one present (even if the PSD document don't has any background layer).

BenTucker

Beitragvon BenTucker » Sa Nov 20, 2010 6:07 pm

Booris Eyrich hat geschrieben:One of the new jes extender features in Artweaver 1.0 is that you now can have images without a background layer (only transparent layers). In Artweaver 0.5 every image must have an background layer thus there is always one present (even if the PSD document don't has any background layer).

Is this because on 0.5 the layer recognizing routine is not there?
Zuletzt geändert von BenTucker am Mo Okt 31, 2016 10:00 am, insgesamt 5-mal geändert.

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Mo Nov 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Is this because on 0.5 the layer recognizing routine is not there?

Which layer recognizing routine do you mean? As far as I can remember all layer related functions from older Artweaver versions are included in the latest version.

Merchant

Beitragvon Merchant » Di Jun 19, 2012 6:20 pm

Hi!

SImply uninstall the new version. After you applied a registry cleaner to prevent the registry to install an updated version, install the old version. Should work ;)

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“