hotkey bug

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
red_produkt

hotkey bug

Beitragvon red_produkt » So Okt 18, 2009 10:06 pm

<EDIT!>
ok, it looks like a full reinstall fixed my problem. I started getting suspicious when I noticed that the file format plugins were'nt being loaded, and the program config must be borked somehow. So, it looks like it's fine, although i guess it might be worth looking into how it got borked
</EDIT!>

Hi, I just purchased artweaver. I love the brush painting engine, but I have been encountering an infuriating bug

I'm using windows vista, on a fast new system. I can get the specs if you need.
maybe 80-90% of the time, if I hit ctrl-z, an action will be undone, and the current tool will change to the move tool until I click again. as you can guess, when deep in the middle of painting something this is more than a little bit annoying

I tried changing the keyboard shortcut for undo, but every shortcut I tried was invalid, even shift-z, to which artweaver said 'shortcuts must contain shift/ctrl' .... so I guess this post is actually about 2 bugs :)

it is 100% reproducible on my machine, if you hit ctrl-z fast. if you do it really slowly, no problem.. but I don't work slowly so it's really a 'shout at the computer' problem for me :)

thanks!
rich

edit: ok I thought initially it was a problem with the ctrl key, but the problem doesnt happen with other ctrl shortcuts, only undo. so it seems to be a bug with the undo function?

NOTE: this bug does not appear in artweaver free, it seems to be just in plus

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Re: hotkey bug

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Mo Okt 19, 2009 10:27 am

if I hit ctrl-z, an action will be undone, and the current tool will change to the move tool until I click again. as you can guess, when deep in the middle of painting something this is more than a little bit annoying

This is a bug and it is also present in the free version. I'm currently working on it and it will be fixed with one of the next updates.

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Di Okt 27, 2009 2:30 pm

The behavior should have been improved with the latest update of Artweaver (Version 1.06).

red_produkt

Beitragvon red_produkt » Do Okt 29, 2009 8:16 pm

thanks for the update!
checking it out..

red_produkt

Beitragvon red_produkt » Mo Nov 02, 2009 1:11 am

Hi Boris!
I haven't run into this behaviour again, however there is one other thing I would appreciate if you had a quick look?

I notice when zooming in and out a lot, and panning about by hitting space: sometimes space does not instantly change the tool to 'hand'. This means sometimes when I'm navigating a painting, I draw a big stroke across it :)
it's less frustrating than the move tool thing, but if I don't notice the stroke and keep going without undo, it could be kind of annoying to have rogue strokes on a painting :D
maybe it adds to them ;)

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Di Nov 03, 2009 10:22 pm

however there is one other thing I would appreciate if you had a quick look?

I will check this

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“