Artweaver 0.5.7 Plug-in-Pack can't find program directory

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
Rich

Artweaver 0.5.7 Plug-in-Pack can't find program directory

Beitragvon Rich » So Jul 26, 2009 3:39 am

Artweaver 0.5.7 installed on WinXP fine and seems to load up fine. I tried to install the Artweaver Plug-in-Pack but it can't seem to find the Artweaver program files which are located at C:\program files\Artweaver.

Anybody have any ideas?

Rich

Vock

Beitragvon Vock » So Jul 26, 2009 12:49 pm

You should find first the following directory structure: \programs\Artweaver 0.5\Plug-Ins". Hereunder you can have various further directories like "brushes", "extensions" etc. - and a directory "Plug-In Pack". In this directory you can put the plug-ins you like, e.g. "RedEyeRemoval.plg" etc.

Rich

Plug-in-Pack won't install

Beitragvon Rich » So Jul 26, 2009 3:58 pm

Yes, I realize that. The problem is that when I try to run the Plug-in-Pack program it can't find the Areweaver program directory and errors out.

I am using the portable version of Artweaver at the previously mentioned sub-directory but the Plug-in-Pack executable file can't seem to find the Artweaver program files.

flebus
Beitragvon flebus » Mo Jul 27, 2009 8:25 am

I had the same problem.

The installation plugins program seems to read the registry and doesn't find any trace of artweaver installation.

It's a real problem.

Christoph Weinert

Beitragvon Christoph Weinert » Mo Jul 27, 2009 1:29 pm

I had the same problem with the portable version.

-> You can't run the plugin-installation with a portable version in a direct way. The program won't find the Artweaver-folder of a portable version.

But there is a trick you can try out:

- Install Artweaver (normal version, normal folder).

- Install the plugins to this "normal" version.

- Now look in the Artweaver-directory what has changed. There are changes in the folders "Plug-In"and "Standard".

Copy all the changed and new files from your "normal" installation to the Artweaver-directory of your portable version of Artweaver (use the same folders).

Uninstall "normal" Artweaver (it was only used to run the plugin-pack).

Enjoy the new features in the portable version.

I hope I could help a bit..

Rich

Plug-in-Pack can't find program directory

Beitragvon Rich » Mo Jul 27, 2009 5:19 pm

To: Vock, Flebus, Christoph Weinert:

Thank you for your response. I was wondering if it was something to do with the Portable version of Artweaver and the fact that nothing is posted in the registry so the Plug-in-Pack can't find Artweaver's program files. I will try what Christoph Weinert suggested and see what happens. I'll bet you that's the problem. I'll let you guys know.

Thanks again,

Rich

Rich

Plug-in-Pack won't install.

Beitragvon Rich » Mo Jul 27, 2009 10:00 pm

To: Vock, Flebus, Christoph Weinert:

I did an install with the regular (not portable) Artweaver install package and then installed the Plug-in-Pack and it worked fine and correctly installed.

So Christoph Weinert's comment about having nothing in the registry if I used the Portable version is probably correct. The Artweaver development group needs to correct the bug in the Plug-in-Pack install package that only looks in the Registry and fails to check the Program Files subdirectory for any sign of Artweaver.

But thank you guys for your help. That took care of the problem.

Rich

flebus
Beitragvon flebus » Di Jul 28, 2009 8:07 am

Thanks for your answer, Christoph.

I did this (a long time ago) :
1. normal version installation
2. plugins installation
3. copy plugins directory from normal version directory to portable version directory
4. normal version uninstallation

It works, but it's not very practical. :(

Christoph Weinert

Beitragvon Christoph Weinert » Di Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi flebus, Rich and Vock

The Artweaver Plug-In Pack contains:

Filter Gallery with additional effect filters.
DDS file format for reading DirectDraw Surface files.
Super Nova filter.
Polar Map Correction filter.
Nozzle Export.
BlendIf filter.
Remove Red Eyes filter.
Reset Transparency filter.

Not everything is installed in the plugin directory. So for example the frames you can use in the additional "Filter Gallery". You must look what else has changed and copy it also. This was my way to "install" the full Plug-In Pack by using a portable version.

There were some changes in the folder "Standard", too. But I can't remember all changes. I only remember the folder "Frames" in the folder "Standard", which was new created. Without the files in the folder "Frames" it is not possible to use the last tool of the additional "Filter Gallery" - because Arweaver won't find any frames. In the folder "Languages" you can find a German language-file for the Plug-In Pack. I Also remember that I overwrote some files, because there were some files in the Plug-In Pack which overwrote during the installation some already existing files. Maybe these files were patched and maybe it was not necessary.

And yes, indeed, it is not very practical.

Maybe it woud be better to get all files from the Plug-In Pack with a description where to copy each of them than to get only a Plug-In Pack which you must install.

Portaple software is so useful...

Christoph Weinert

Beitragvon Christoph Weinert » So Aug 09, 2009 4:42 am

Hello again,

I have tried some more tests.

So with the same tecnique it is possible to use the Lua Plug-In and the Dogweaver Plug-In.

Now everything is portable - I can use the additional Lua browser / editor and it is possible to use all the Lua scripts. It is also possible to save all the Lua scripts you can find mining through the forum to the portable version.

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“