uhm, hello there. how do i make borders?

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
xgraceonlyx

uhm, hello there. how do i make borders?

Beitragvon xgraceonlyx » Do Jun 25, 2009 4:05 am

Bild

i need a specific kind of borders, the one like in the picture above. you see the little black line bordering the entire picture? i want that kind, but i have noo idea how to make one or do that. please help me?

oh, also, how do you put brushes in artweaver without making them? would be very helpful to know!

fortuna

Beitragvon fortuna » Do Jun 25, 2009 5:52 am

I think yourcase is quite easy :D
Select a color (in this case, maybe black?)
Then go to the Menu bar: Image>>Canvas size...
Increase Width and Height by 'whatever you want' pixels (borderline thickness, maybe 3-4)
Choose "Fill ext. surface as" option as "foreground color".

If you don't want to change the canvas size then reduce it first :twisted:. For example: 800x600 to 797x597 then increase it again by 3 pixels per dimension (with "Fill ext. surface as" option as "foreground color"). :P

Also, may I ask what do you mean by "how do you put brushes in artweaver without making them? would be very helpful to know!"?
Is it brush types they created for photoshop (.abr files)? Then go to Menu Bar: Edit > Preset Manager
Choose "Preset Types" as "Brushes". Hit "Import" button. Choose "Objects of Type" as ABR. Then import the file you want.

studioraziel

Beitragvon studioraziel » Do Jun 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Thank you Fortuna! I was about to ask for some clarification on that very subject. Is anyone collecting these sorts of tips and tricks into a central location sort of like an Artweaver User Guide? That would be cool...
Be Well,
Jim

xgraceonlyx

Beitragvon xgraceonlyx » Do Jun 25, 2009 10:43 pm

i love you. like seriously, you just made my world. <33 thank you soo very much on both points. 8D

fortuna

Beitragvon fortuna » So Jun 28, 2009 7:14 am

I'm happy that it helps
In more complicated cases, layers would be in good use. Basically you can put the layer that contains the picture frame above the layer that contains the picture

Notes:
-Delete the unnecessary part with Eraser tool (hotkey:E) if needed :twisted:
-Move tool (hotkey: V) would be useful to move the picture layer into proper position if needed.
If the picture or the frame needs to be resized (to suit each other), then:
-Select the layer that contains the image needs to be resized as the active layer
-Select its content (Ctrl+A)
-Menu bar: Edit > Transform > Scale

Quick example:

Frame:

[img][img]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6623/frameq.jpg[/img]
[/img]

Picture:

[img][img]http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8638/picturefag.jpg[/img]
[/img]

Result:

[img][img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3050/resultm.jpg[/img]
[/img]

hiberniorex
easy borders

Beitragvon hiberniorex » Mo Aug 10, 2009 12:11 am

The way posted previously is a good way to make borders. There are a lot of even easier ways to create them though. Here are some of them:

Method 1
1. Open your image.
2. Create a new layer and leave it on top.
3. (on the new layer) press CTRL+A to SELECT ALL.
4. Click at the top of the page on SELECT> MODIFY> CONTRACT (then tell it how many pixels to contract. (It will contract its size by that many pixels on each side of the selected area).
5. Press CTRL+SHIFT+I or go to SELECT> INVERSE.
6. Use the paint brush or paint bucket to fill in your border.

Method 2
1. Open your image.
2. Create a new layer and leave it on top.
3. (On the new layer) Use the Shape Selector tool to draw a box around your image (leaving room for a border).
4. Press CTRL+SHIFT+I or go to SELECT> INVERSE.
5. Use the paint brush or paint bucket to fill in your border.

Method 3
1. Open your image
2. Create a new layer and leave it on top
3. (on the new layer) press CTRL+A to select all.
4. Use the shape selector tool (round or rectangle) with the 3rd mode (to subtract from the selected area) and take away part of the selected area so only the border part is left.
5. Use the brush, gradient tool, or paint bucket to fill in your borders.

For Methods 1-3, listed above, you can also do this:
Once all the steps are completed so that you have a selected area for your border on the blank layer, you can also use the gradient tool to create a gradient effect for a border instead of just a plain solid color.

Once the selected area has been filled in with either a gradient OR a solid color (and while it's still selected), you can also use different filters and textures to fill in only the selected areas.

Method 3
1. Open your image
2. Create a new layer
3. On the new layer, use the shape tool to create a rectangle in whichever color you want.
4. Copy the rectangle by selecting it and pressing CTRL+C.
5. Press Ctrl+V 3 times (so you have a total of 4 of the rectangles.
6. Use the Move tool to place them and CTRL+T (transform) to rotate them into place; and resize them as needed.
Noel J. Benadom

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“