Marmalade spreading technique with Artweaver ?

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.
logx

Marmalade spreading technique with Artweaver ?

Beitragvon logx » Di Apr 14, 2009 3:13 am

Hello everyone,

Used to ArtRage, wich is convenient for its very clear and intuitive interface but a little short for its lack of settings or tools/brushes, my girlfriend and I are looking for switching to Artweaver which looks more function complete.

But we are wondering if it's possible with Artweatver to apply an amazing technique available under ArtRage consisting in big rough rolls of paint spurt directly from the paint tube onto the canvas and then spread with the trowel/knife tool as if it was like marmalade.

Is this possible with Artweaver ?

logx

Beitragvon logx » Mi Apr 15, 2009 3:26 pm

Anybody out there ? :(

Miq

Beitragvon Miq » Do Apr 16, 2009 9:15 am

logx hat geschrieben:Anybody out there ? :(

well, yes of course, but who else should answer your question if not Boris himself? I reckon he will be online again on the weekend.
Miq.

dwsel
Beitragvon dwsel » Sa Apr 18, 2009 1:15 pm

I'm afraid not in the same way. You can simulate it with brushes from Impasto category, however Artweaver does not have whole paint simulation system behind as ArtRage so you probably won't be that happy with the results of Impasto brushes. I'd suggest you to use both software - each one to achieve specific result (as you can easily exchange PNGs between them). I've seen a lot of great works done by starting creating them in ArtRage or Painter using their natural media system and finished with different software i.e. Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint. I think this is the path you may want to follow.

Cheers
Dwsel

logx

Beitragvon logx » Sa Apr 18, 2009 1:50 pm

Ok, thanks for the explanation ! I'll keep both installed ! ;-)

Zurück zu „Discussion about Artweaver“