Wrong brush behaviors - 2

Hier können Fragen zu Artweaver gestellt werden.
gb_whisper

Wrong brush behaviors - 2

Beitragvon gb_whisper » Sa Apr 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Untitled1.jpg

Please see image above.

1, On top I've put an Airbrush mark made from Photoshop's default brush, to contrast Artweaver's airbrush. I've noticed that AW uses 'Circular + Soft' to create the airbrush look but I don't think it's working well. The airbrush gradient is not linear, but too much black at the very centre. When using this airbrush the brush stroke is not soft at all.

Why not use captured airbrush as default?

2, When using captured brushes, and if you give Angle properties to the brush (such as Direction or Random), the resulted brush stroke will have strange lines across the brush.

3, The captured Sponge brush needs to be fixed. It's not clean-captured as you can see from the edge of the brush tip.

4, Wrong Smear brush problems here

5, Hairbrush not working very well. It runs really slow with a bit of 'glow' around each brush stroke (8-bit colour blending?) There are also no options to change the brush density. I understand that AW is trying to get some of the Corel Painter features, but I personally don't think this brush category is useful anyway.

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin
Re: Wrong brush behaviors - 2

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Mo Apr 30, 2012 7:17 pm

1, On top I've put an Airbrush mark made from Photoshop's default brush, to contrast Artweaver's airbrush

Currently there is no exact equivalent for this kind of Airbrush mask in Artweaver. I will try add such a profile to Artweaver with one of the next major versions.

Why not use captured airbrush as default?

It's possible but does not scale very well with smaller or bigger brush sizes because of the captured preset (it's not new generated for every size).

2, When using captured brushes, and if you give Angle properties to the brush (such as Direction or Random), the resulted brush stroke will have strange lines across the brush.
3, The captured Sponge brush needs to be fixed. It's not clean-captured as you can see from the edge of the brush tip.

I think both problems are the same. Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce this. My tests do not show the outline or the lines.

Can you please provide me a sample brush preset where you can reproduce this?

Wrong Smear brush problems here

I'm still working on this.

5, Hairbrush not working very well. It runs really slow with a bit of 'glow' around each brush stroke (8-bit colour blending?) There are also no options to change the brush density. I understand that AW is trying to get some of the Corel Painter features, but I personally don't think this brush category is useful anyway.

The glow should only appear when using very small opacity values (due the 8bit color blending). You can adjust the amount of bristles applied by this brush via the Feature control. There are also some more controls available for the hairy brush in the brush editor (Bristles settings).

gb_whisper

Beitragvon gb_whisper » Mi Mai 02, 2012 2:54 am

Hi Boris,

Here are my settings to reproduce problem 2 and 3.

1) Use the brush Acrylics>Captured Bristle
2) In the brush editor, change the category to Flat (only Flat or Grainy Flat causes such problems)
3) Then change the capture shape to Sponge (only 4 captured shapes have such problem as far as I know, such as Dry Ink, Sponge, Bristles and Captured Bristle)
4) And most importantly, give Angle expression to the brush. I used Random.
5) To see the result better, use a brush with a bigger size (500) and bigger spacing (200).

Boris Eyrich
Site Admin

Beitragvon Boris Eyrich » Do Mai 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks for the steps to reproduce. This error is a side effect of fixing the gaps when using a paper texture with very high scale you have reported earlier. I will fix this with the next update of Artweaver.

Zurück zu „Anwenderfragen“