Line tool?

Here everybody can post his questions/problems with Artweaver.

Line tool?

Postby pretentiouskate » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:06 pm

I recently downloaded the program and was working on a project when I relized I couldn't find a line drawing tool. I need lines to be perfectly straight and pencil will not work for me - My hand just isn't steady enough.

Am I just overlooking the tool, or does it really not exist?
pretentiouskate

Postby Vock » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:49 am

It does exist - it is the third icon in the tool palette
Vock

Postby Dstruct » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:04 pm

Yeah, but how can you force a straight horizontal or vertical line? In other applications you have to hit a modifier key (SHIFT for example) for this. How to do this in Artweaver?
Dstruct

Postby Christoph Weinert » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:44 pm

Hi Dstruct,

I think this is not possible. If there was a small angle-preview (maybe in the property bar), then you can do it. You could move your mouse or pen and click when you have reached the right angle. With a modifier key it would be also possible. The best way is together with an angle-preview and the possibility to tell Artweaver in which steps the angle will change with every hit on the modifier key (you can put this in the property bar, too). That would be perfect.

It's the same problem when you want to draw a shape or a custom shape. You can rotate the layer afterwards but not rotate the shape during the process. And if you rotate the layer afterwards, everything on the layer will rotate.
Christoph Weinert

Return to Discussion about Artweaver